PDA

View Full Version : Ultegra Di2 or Campy 11s (Mech for now)

hairylegs
10-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Help me decide.

I'm currently running Campy Centaur on my Serotta, but am looking for a new Gruppo for my Look 595.

Here's where it's tricky. I use Dura Ace Tubeless with the Campy via the jTek adapter. I have a reason to stick with Shimano/SRAM 10s since I've got a Tri Bike with SRAM and Reynolds racing wheels, and also a set of Fulcrum 7s as backup wheels. So all my current wheels are Shimano spline. Also, I have a decent range of SRAM cassettes. Ideally I'd love everything to be compatible.

So here's the tipping point....go Campy (and possibly go EPS in the near future) and sell the Dura Ace wheels for Shamals, or move away from Campy altogether.

I've only got about $1500 to spend on the gruppo for now - and I'm very happy with the Dura Ace wheels.

Thanks for any advice!

coylifut
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I have one set of shimano splined wheels that I use a Wheels MfG conversion cassette. I have no complaints, but it is a race only set of wheels. I'm usually cross eyed when making shifts.

oldpotatoe
10-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Help me decide.

I'm currently running Campy Centaur on my Serotta, but am looking for a new Gruppo for my Look 595.

Here's where it's tricky. I use Dura Ace Tubeless with the Campy via the jTek adapter. I have a reason to stick with Shimano/SRAM 10s since I've got a Tri Bike with SRAM and Reynolds racing wheels, and also a set of Fulcrum 7s as backup wheels. So all my current wheels are Shimano spline. Also, I have a decent range of SRAM cassettes. Ideally I'd love everything to be compatible.

So here's the tipping point....go Campy (and possibly go EPS in the near future) and sell the Dura Ace wheels for Shamals, or move away from Campy altogether.

I've only got about $1500 to spend on the gruppo for now - and I'm very happy with the Dura Ace wheels.

Thanks for any advice!

Campag mechanical with a Wheels 11s cogset.

If ya can swap the FH body for a 11s(doubtful) on the DA wheel..just get a DA 9000 11s cogset.

Or get some Campag wheels and use those with the Campagnolo...