PDA

View Full Version : anything similar to golden chamois?

jimcav
10-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Anyone know of a bib that still uses a chamois like my old etxe onde cromatic bibs? i think they called it the golden chamois. My chamois are still great, but the spandex is starting to disintegrate and become see-through and stretched.
I tried assos, PI, giordana forma, and a castelli bib. Of the 3 the castelli pad felt best, but i definitely prefer my old etxe onde bibs. Don't suppose there is anyoe out there that will take an old chamois and sew it into new bibs--like the tire-alert of chamois???

thanks
jim
jacav2@cox.net

10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Just some more Etxe Ondo shorts. When we were getting our new track skinsuits for my team, the manufacturer was willing to use another chamois for a slight upcharge. I tried to find the Golden Chamois and even visited Etxe Ondo's facilities when I was in Spain. No luck. As far as I can tell, they aren't made any longer. But they are amazing chamois'.

What size bibs do you wear, by the way? You might flush out some pairs lurking on this forum. This would be the place.

dancinkozmo
10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
I can make any chamois you want golden ....just takes a few PBR's

rnhood
10-26-2012, 05:52 PM
That's too bad those chamois' are history now. I still have one pair of Exte tights with the golden chamois and it is a pleasure to ride with them, not to mention the tights are exquisitely well made.

Climb01742
10-26-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree. Old EO bibs with the golden chamois were hands down (cheeks down?) best ever.

10-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Etxe Ondo was simply the nicest cycling clothing you could buy if you got the higher end lines. As much as everyone extols Assos, they are a bit like Zipp -- lots of talk and technology but when it really comes down to it, I'll buy Etxe Ondo and Enve any day. They just work.

67-59
10-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Didn't know they stopped making the chamois.

I'd ordinarily post this in the classifieds...but with the fans right here: I have two pairs of the tights in size 4 (large) with the golden chamois. Roubaix fabric, stitching intact, chamois fully intact. I bought them a few years back, but don't wear as much as I thought I would - I tend to go straight from bibs with knee warmers to my windproof Craft tights that go over bibshorts. I prefer this because I like the Rapha chamois. EO tights have been worn maybe 20-ish times each over the years, but very well cared for (wash cold, hang dry).

Wasn't really planning to sell the bibs, but I'd let them go if I could get enough to buy another pair of knee warmers and some new gloves. I'd take $75 per pair, shipped in CONUS. Any interest? If not, no biggie - I'll just hang on for the in-between days before I need to go windproof. PM if interested.