PDA

View Full Version : Bobby J. Confession

bikerboy337
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I know, I know, getting old, but didn't see this posted here yet...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/exclusive-bobby-julich-doping-confession

CPP
10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
....then gets canned. I guess Brailsford never smoked a joint or did blow!

bostondrunk
10-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Just goes to show that all the 'nice guys' that no one ever thought would cheat......they all did it.
The thing that really bugs me about Julich was how he talked down about Hamilton, when Hamilton got popped at the Olympics. Such a hypocrite......like David Millar...

CunegoFan
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
LOLZA.

Joe Papp ‏@joepabike

I encourage all @TeamSky riders & staff who may have some past #doping history to STFU! Protect your jobs so you can feed your families!

MattTuck
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
LOLZA.

Joe Papp ‏@joepabike

I encourage all @TeamSky riders & staff who may have some past #doping history to STFU! Protect your jobs so you can feed your families!

No kidding, right. Sky is clean though, so Bobby J for sure is the only one.

There's going to be like 3 Americans left in the european peloton when this thing is over.

Elefantino
10-25-2012, 12:33 PM
There's going to be like 3 Americans left in the european peloton when this thing is over.
Good. If the only Americans who could there win were dopers (at least from 1991-2005), we didn't/don't deserve to be there.

firerescuefin
10-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I thought the confession was classy and to the point. Sucks for Bobby, but as he says, he made the choices and will continue to pay the price for those (rightfully). I think the fact that Sky is claiming that everyone else on the team has never had any exposure to doping is a farce as big as the UCI itself.

Uncle Jam's Army
10-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I hope Sky at least gave him a generous severance. Otherwise, they really threw him out in the cold for voluntarily confessing.

PQJ
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Count me as another one not buying what Sky is selling. USPS redux. Remember Wiggins the Wanker's indignation at a legitimate doping question during the Tour?

bluesea
10-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Count me as another one not buying what Sky is selling. USPS redux. Remember Wiggins the Wanker's indignation at a legitimate doping question during the Tour?

The b8tch doth protest too much, methinks.

Black Dog
10-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, once again telling the truth will get you canned. Vaughters is right, people who come clean should not be fired if you want the truth to come put and change things. This is how the Omérta is propagated and keeps the secrets that are rotting the sport from coming out.

mistermo
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Is Sean Yates next?

And do any of us really believe this?
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13045/Armstrong-case-Yates-insists-he-saw-nothing-suspicious-as-rider-or-directeur-sportif.aspx

christian
10-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Sky. It's like USPS, but with more hypocrisy.

MattTuck
10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
I wonder if he has any marathon times that need to be vacated... http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/2012/10/24/lance-armstrong-likely-will-have-boston-marathon-time-vacated/t3kM0YNfKDCdW69pjxStdL/story.html

gianni
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I thought the confession was classy and to the point. Sucks for Bobby, but as he says, he made the choices and will continue to pay the price for those (rightfully). I think the fact that Sky is claiming that everyone else on the team has never had any exposure to doping is a farce as big as the UCI itself.

Confession was half-baked. So, he only used epo from '96-'98 and then what....give me a break?

He's thown others under the bus when given the opportunity.

Enough of the calibrated confessions.

FlashUNC
10-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Confession was half-baked. So, he only used epo from '96-'98 and then what....give me a break?

He's thown others under the bus when given the opportunity.

Enough of the calibrated confessions.

Well, that period also co-incided with what was arguably the peak of his career. Never really was the same rider. Wouldn't surprise me if he did go off the stuff after '98.

54ny77
10-25-2012, 03:23 PM
so it wasn't the biopace chainrings that contributed to his successes after all? well doggonit, sure fooled me!

:bike:

dancinkozmo
10-25-2012, 07:56 PM
HEY !
Show some respect for the biopace ! They are the reel deel...

rbtmcardle
10-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Funny, I loved the grit of Yates growing up, but the BS flag has to come out here.. Yates was busted for doping in 1989... But "he never saw it as a rider or director" oh and thats right and i believe lance never failed a test either (sarcasm) ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Yates

Is Sean Yates next?

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13045/Armstrong-case-Yates-insists-he-saw-nothing-suspicious-as-rider-or-directeur-sportif.aspx

mistermo
10-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Is Sean Yates next?

The answer was apparently, yes to the first question and no to the second.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/news/must-read-sean-yates-leaves-team-sky_262770

gavingould
10-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Looks like Sky is going to need a lot of new staff. Julich, and now Yates and De Jongh are out. Can't wait til they get to the riders

Ray
10-28-2012, 04:49 AM
So does Julich get stripped of his 3rd place finish in '98?

-Ray

mcteague
10-28-2012, 05:36 AM
Looks like Sky is going to need a lot of new staff. Julich, and now Yates and De Jongh are out. Can't wait til they get to the riders

Brailsford took the brave, but controversial, decision to insist that no member of staff can remain at Sky if they have any sort of doping history, no matter how long ago. This contrasts with the majority of the major cycling teams, who accommodate such individuals as long as they have openly admitted their past deeds.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9638483/Sean-Yates-loses-job-at-Team-Sky-as-Dave-Brailsfords-doping-cull-continues.html

If their policy is to never hire anyone who had a doping past; they are going to have to start hiring non-riders. That should work out well.

Tim

cfox
10-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Brailsford took the brave, but controversial, decision to insist that no member of staff can remain at Sky if they have any sort of doping history, no matter how long ago. This contrasts with the majority of the major cycling teams, who accommodate such individuals as long as they have openly admitted their past deeds.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9638483/Sean-Yates-loses-job-at-Team-Sky-as-Dave-Brailsfords-doping-cull-continues.html

If their policy is to never hire anyone who had a doping past; they are going to have to start hiring non-riders. That should work out well.

Tim

they're just going to employ liars then. Sky's new policy is beyond stupid

jpw
10-28-2012, 08:29 AM

Yates has retired from cycling. He was interviewed by Sky. There was no admission of any doping history. Sky did not terminate his contract.

De Jongh may have walked.

CunegoFan
10-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Yates has retired from cycling. He was interviewed by Sky. There was no admission of any doping history. Sky did not terminate his contract.

How much of an interview does it take for the super sleuths at Sky to figure these things out? The rest of us can simply pull up Wikipedia to find out Yates tested positive in 1989. It is not believable that Sky did not know Yates had a doping past before he was hired.

Brailsford is playing the public for fools by claiming he did not know any of his guys had a dirty past. He may think this makes his team look better, but it does not make him look better. He is either a liar or an idiot.

I doubt he will get rid of the riders who came out of Barloworld. He plans on using one of them to win the Tour de France. What about his trusty mountain domestique who was a client of Dr. Ferrari? This thing looks like a public relations farce.

jpw
10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
How much of an interview does it take for the super sleuths at Sky to figure these things out? The rest of us can simply pull up Wikipedia to find out Yates tested positive in 1989. It is not believable that Sky did not know Yates had a doping past before he was hired.

Brailsford is playing the public for fools by claiming he did not know any of his guys had a dirty past. He may think this makes his team look better, but it does not make him look better. He is either a liar or an idiot.

I doubt he will get rid of the riders who came out of Barloworld. He plans on using one of them to win the Tour de France. What about his trusty mountain domestique who was a client of Dr. Ferrari? This thing looks like a public relations farce.

Brailsford has two hats. His first British Cycling, his second Sky. He wouldn't allow doping at Sky. If he did he would very quickly be hatless. Is he responsible for something 23 years ago?

Barry lied to Sky about his past.

Fivethumbs
10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Does anyone remember all the hype surrounding the new super team SKY in 2008 before they even rode one race. I still have the magazines. After their first two seasons there were a lot of comments in the press using terms like, "underachievers", "disappointment", "below expectations". What happened in four years to turn them into the most dominant team?

jpw
10-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Does anyone remember all the hype surrounding the new super team SKY in 2008 before they even rode one race. I still have the magazines. After their first two seasons there were a lot of comments in the press using terms like, "underachievers", "disappointment", "below expectations". What happened in four years to turn them into the most dominant team?

Contador getting caught and AS going awol?

Last season there were two dominant teams, Sky and OPQS.

goonster
10-29-2012, 07:37 AM
What happened in four years to turn them into the most dominant team?
Incremental gains, don'cha know . . .