PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrr....and boooooo...

bikerboy337
10-24-2012, 02:25 PM
First ride of the season with a jacket and tights... wasn't too bad, but 53 degrees, cloudy and raw today... i dont mind these rides (even though i'd rather it was 90 and sunny), but donning the wool socks, tights and winter jacket make me realize that the really cold weather is around the corner...

heres hoping that we receive as little snow this year as last year... i pretty much rode straight through the winter last year!

:fight:

Bob Ross
10-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I've already done 3 or 4 rides this Fall with tights...some early mornings when it was ~49°F, one epic weekend ride that started 80 miles upstate from here so it was in the 30s at the beginning...but it's still a good month away before I'll pull the jacket out of the closet.

Well, unless the weather takes a really atypical turn for the worse before then.

But hey, I actually like cold weather cycling, so I'm not really here to "boo" anything. Except wet weather cycling, now that I detest!

DRZRM
10-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Going out with lights tonight once the kids are asleep. Cold and dark...yay!

azrider
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
it was about 68 when i woke up this morning and I about froze my ace off

David Kirk
10-24-2012, 03:30 PM
4" of snow here last night!!

dave

SpokeValley
10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
We've topped out at 43 today and I'm looking forward to our "lights and tights" shop ride tonight. They're usually pretty fun...the deer out on the roads can be a little scary, though.

As long as it's dry, I'm pretty good down to about 30 degrees, which was my low temp last year.

I do kind of balk at going out when I start thinking that, rather than throwing on a kit and hitting the road, I have add a jacket over two jerseys, tights, full finger gloves, glove and sock liners, shoe covers, and balaclava just to get out the door.

I do love to ride though and it's always worth it when I get home!:beer:

Lewis Moon
10-24-2012, 06:20 PM
it was about 68 when i woke up this morning and I about froze my ace off

Here too...what's the chance of that? :p

bookit
10-30-2012, 12:53 AM
hasnt really been that chilly around here, but definately cooling down..

67-59
10-30-2012, 06:53 AM
We've had quite a few days with tights here in MN already...but as long as the roads aren't icy or too snow-covered, I ride. No minimum temp limit.:banana: