PDA

View Full Version : the jerk's buddy.

jerk
10-13-2005, 08:11 PM
so the jerk's good friend and riding partner is this guy who's never had a driver's license, does back to back centuries on a mountain bike for ten days in a row, rides over 700 miles a week rain or shine and as far as the jerk can tell could win any race in the world over 400km if they still had such races. he's never raced, hates to draft or be drafted, and truly finds his freedom and passion on the bicycle.

that being said this guy hasn't owned a new bike in 20 years. he was up untill last summer riding this hurting lotus with 6 speed down-tube shifters, some whacked out touring geometry which nonetheless didn't allow for fat tires or fenders, and these stupid japanese handlebars which made both the hoods and the drops impossible positions to hold even for someone who likes a stretch or a deep drop......

the jerk has been ribbing him to get a new bike for a long time. towards the end of last year, he "borrowed" an old serotta classique ti with ultegra 9sp. no one was buying the bike from the shop he works at so he just started riding it. he lowered the stem but never cut the steerer tube off, so he has this four cm pommel on top of his stem which he insists on keeping because, a) he doesn't own the bike. b) he can slip a light to it and c) it annoys the hell out of the jerk who keeps promising to cut it off when he's not around.

so with that as a background, the jerk's pal just ordered himself a brand new bike. a 2006 colnago c-50 in pr00. congratulations buddy. you deserve it.
jerk

ada@prorider.or
10-13-2005, 08:17 PM
as far as the jerk can tell could win any race in the world over 400km if they still had such races.
jerk

well i challange him in the race 550 km trondheim oslo

or
better nordkapp gribaltar

and its still race and yes there more race's here in europa over 400 km

:banana: :banana: :banana:

jerk
10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
well i challange him in the race 550 km trondheim oslo

or
better nordkapp gribaltar

and its still race and yes there more race's here in europa over 400 km

:banana: :banana: :banana:

cees,
i just built up a bike for a guy doing that race in norway! strange....anyway, it's not about the bike, but about the athlete but this guy is ultra-marathon material and it's just great to see him finally get a nice bike. he's been through hell in his life the last few months and it's good that he can get something he'll truly enjoy.

maybe he'll take you up on the challenge!

jerk ;)

ada@prorider.or
10-13-2005, 08:27 PM
cees,
i just built up a bike for a guy doing that race in norway! strange....anyway, it's not about the bike, but about the athlete but this guy is ultra-marathon material and it's just great to see him finally get a nice bike. he's been through hell in his life the last few months and it's good that he can get something he'll truly enjoy.

maybe he'll take you up on the challenge!

jerk ;)

well hope he doing good then
i hate to see people having problems and if the bike can help him that great give him my best then

Fixed
10-13-2005, 08:36 PM
bro guys like that are my heros cheers :beer:

coylifut
10-13-2005, 10:57 PM
I like it when guys like that show up and blow up the local club ride. Even when I'm one of the casualties.

Climb01742
10-14-2005, 04:11 AM
senor, is the "buddy" you're talking about someone you and i have ridden with on a few sundays? if so, damn, he's a good guy and a really good rider. cool for him. oh great. i know what the back of your c50 looked like. guess i'll now know what the back of his c50 will look like. please tell him congrats. :beer:

Too Tall
10-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Sounds like Fast Freddy. Good on yah man that's great to hear.

Kevan
10-14-2005, 07:29 AM
When he climbs onboard that beauty he'll be gone.

Sandy
10-14-2005, 07:34 AM
He probably already is.

Sandy

ergott
10-14-2005, 07:42 AM
so the jerk's good friend and riding partner is this guy who's never had a driver's license, does back to back centuries on a mountain bike for ten days in a row, rides over 700 miles a week rain or shine and as far as the jerk can tell could win any race in the world over 400km if they still had such races. he's never raced, hates to draft or be drafted, and truly finds his freedom and passion on the bicycle.

that being said this guy hasn't owned a new bike in 20 years. he was up untill last summer riding this hurting lotus with 6 speed down-tube shifters, some whacked out touring geometry which nonetheless didn't allow for fat tires or fenders, and these stupid japanese handlebars which made both the hoods and the drops impossible positions to hold even for someone who likes a stretch or a deep drop......

the jerk has been ribbing him to get a new bike for a long time. towards the end of last year, he "borrowed" an old serotta classique ti with ultegra 9sp. no one was buying the bike from the shop he works at so he just started riding it. he lowered the stem but never cut the steerer tube off, so he has this four cm pommel on top of his stem which he insists on keeping because, a) he doesn't own the bike. b) he can slip a light to it and c) it annoys the hell out of the jerk who keeps promising to cut it off when he's not around.

so with that as a background, the jerk's pal just ordered himself a brand new bike. a 2006 colnago c-50 in pr00. congratulations buddy. you deserve it.
jerk

Not the first bike that comes to mind for the rider in your description, but congratulations anyway.

:beer:

Fixed
10-14-2005, 07:48 AM
bro I hope he doesn't lose some of his soul when rides a new bike.That's what makes dudes like that they they can ride anything and still go i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Cadence230
10-14-2005, 08:38 AM
That's great!

jerk
10-14-2005, 08:48 AM
senor, is the "buddy" you're talking about someone you and i have ridden with on a few sundays? if so, damn, he's a good guy and a really good rider. cool for him. oh great. i know what the back of your c50 looked like. guess i'll now know what the back of his c50 will look like. please tell him congrats. :beer:

yup.

weisan
10-14-2005, 09:52 AM
He definitely deserves it...but the bike may not be worthy of him. ;)

RABikes2
10-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Congrats to your buddy, Jerk. :) He needs to come race some of the 12/24 hr. races; he'd hammer the field! :banana:

RA

dbrk
10-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Goodon'yer friend and may he ride another 100,000K on his new bicycle.

Question for the Senor...with a comment that's just a personal preference/opinion.

Having seen the new Extreme-C bike now, I have to say that it's to my eye the nicest looking Colnago in years. I like the OOO paint job one, the simplest, white decalled over carbon version, still busy enough for me to think of it as a Colnago. What I like best are the normal looking chainstays since I have never been able to wrap myself around those HP/diamond looking things, likely one of the least appealing "innovations" in years (imho).

If a person met the weight restrictions would there be a reason to pick the C50 over the new Extreme-C?

Some Colnagos seem to play more of a strange specialty role, like the President and those Ferrari-collaborations, reserving the role of "real" race bike for the C50. But Extreme-C fits into that role, what with polka-dot glory having come its way. I suppose I am not a candidate for either bike but I am darn curious what il jerk has to say and others who might comment.

still too flush with bikes, more for sale,

dbrk

jerk
10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
the new extreme c is more along the lines of a time vxrs. it is lighter than a c50, doesn't have quite the same torsional rigidity, but should have equal or greater drivetrain stiffness. in short, it's a climber's bike. it's probably a little more choppy in the back end when cornered hard or while going over bad roads, and you'll get more flex out of the front end when sprinting or diving into a corner.
for a rider who is withing the weight limit of the extreme c, doesn't generally "row" or wrestle a bike, and puts out steady constant power- even high power, it's probably an ideal bike.....that being said, it'll only take one water bottle owing to the thiness of the seat tube.

it would not surprise the jerk one bit if some riders prefer it as an everyday bike over the c50.

jerk

Climb01742
10-14-2005, 12:26 PM
the new extreme c is more along the lines of a time vxrs. it is lighter than a c50, doesn't have quite the same torsional rigidity, but should have equal or greater drivetrain stiffness. in short, it's a climber's bike. it's probably a little more choppy in the back end when cornered hard or while going over bad roads, and you'll get more flex out of the front end when sprinting or diving into a corner.
for a rider who is withing the weight limit of the extreme c, doesn't generally "row" or wrestle a bike, and puts out steady constant power- even high power, it's probably an ideal bike.....that being said, it'll only take one water bottle owing to the thiness of the seat tube.

it would not surprise the jerk one bit if some riders prefer it as an everyday bike over the c50.

jerk

my heart be still.

Dr. Doofus
10-14-2005, 12:31 PM
so jerk, before the cell phone gets worked, give a doof a heads up -- I, Doofus Who Am, ain't really yer bud, and if you saw doof in the flesh you'd probably piss on the Giro of Mambrino like everybody else....

anyway, you know what we're working with, what you gonna prescribe to Don Doof*?

* other than: shut up; take up bowling; get this 3,000 used Univega; get off the serotta board already, etc..

bostondrunk
10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
so jerk, before the cell phone gets worked, give a doof a heads up -- I, Doofus Who Am, ain't really yer bud, and if you saw doof in the flesh you'd probably piss on the Giro of Mambrino like everybody else....

anyway, you know what we're working with, what you gonna prescribe to Don Doof*?

* other than: shut up; take up bowling; get this 3,000 used Univega; get off the serotta board already, etc..

What the hell did you just try to ask????

:crap: :crap:

Dr. Doofus
10-14-2005, 12:47 PM
What the hell did you just try to ask????

:crap: :crap:

the senor knows of Don Doof's quest

anyway

so drunk, maybe we can make some money for tires and crap by staging a cage match between alcala, stephens, julich, blijlevens, mercer, and myserson?

or maybe we just throw alcala, blijlevens, and mercer in the ring and see who's the biggest jerk*?

*not, of course, the jerk, who to our knowledge has never been a jerk-off after or during a race

Johny
10-14-2005, 01:13 PM
...only takes one water bottle...would be a perfect weight weenie's bike

jerk
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM

call the jerk asap.

jerk

Too Tall
10-14-2005, 04:50 PM
"Call the Jerk ASAP" (tm). :cool:

Tailwinds
10-14-2005, 05:14 PM
bro I hope he doesn't lose some of his soul when rides a new bike.That's what makes dudes like that they they can ride anything and still go i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Fixed, do you know a certain Chuck Jerabek who crushes all the 45+ guys in FL? Hellacious sprinter... rides a heavy, old, red, steel bike w/toe clips? Nice guy, kick a$$ racer... he's got soul.

Dr. Doofus
10-15-2005, 01:21 PM
call the jerk asap.

jerk

yo jerk -- check your senor mail and give me a call... we hit a geo snag

rePhil
10-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Fixed, do you know a certain Chuck Jerabek who crushes all the 45+ guys in FL? Hellacious sprinter... rides a heavy, old, red, steel bike w/toe clips? Nice guy, kick a$$ racer... he's got soul.

If I remember correctly he was on a red Torelli with toe clips. He is fast. It wasn't even close in the Venice (FL) crit.

Fixed
10-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Fixed, do you know a certain Chuck Jerabek who crushes all the 45+ guys in FL? Hellacious sprinter... rides a heavy, old, red, steel bike w/toe clips? Nice guy, kick a$$ racer... he's got soul.you bet I want to be like chuck.he's got cojones and soul cheers :beer:

Fixed
10-15-2005, 03:04 PM
If I remember correctly he was on a red Torelli with toe clips. He is fast. It wasn't even close in the Venice (FL) crit. your right bro did you know he uses a 140stem( quill) and a steel fork but he told me his bike is only a couple of years old he was last years state crit champ 45+ and he got his sprint from the track i.e. the toe clips he's on a strong masters team too. cheers :beer:

The Spider
10-15-2005, 07:29 PM
with all the attention on the extreme (oh such a w@nker name!) and the new silkscreen models....I've missed any info on 06 c50's, any difference or change from the 05?

Cheers

Spider

1centaur
10-15-2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=WHATS_NEW

A couple of differences noted here, first on value proposition and then on paint.

The Spider
10-15-2005, 11:45 PM
yeah, I'd read that...good to see frames coming down with shared technology/reduced R&D due to larger/deeper knowledge base.

I was interested if there was any physical changes (other than a heavier wallet or money clip)....such as material/design.

Spider