PDA

View Full Version : Here's some GOOD news . . .

BumbleBeeDave
10-22-2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13113/Robbie-McEwen-Video-On-bike-action-from-Japan-Cup-criterium.aspx

McEwen finished third in the crit, despite being out of shape AND riding the whole thing with a bike mounted camera. You can watch all 44 minutes of the race from his bike!

BBD

AgilisMerlin
10-22-2012, 09:58 PM
farkinA'

thank you so much

54ny77
10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
AWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right around 41:33 you can hear him yell to his teammate something along the lines of "get up! get up!"

(as in to move forward)

that was among the most awesome race videos i'd ever seen, that's the real mccoy. thanks a lot for posting!

William
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Man, that brought back that feeling I always had racing crits....always staying up in the top 10 - 15 riders...getting that ancy feeling when riders start coming around you to move up and hold your ground. And when things start getting dicey toward the end, filling holes or muscling for a wheel... then Go GO GO!!!

:banana:Now I'm all twitchy and want to go hammer!!:banana:

William

joev
10-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Wow...inspiring....

Now, how am I going to sleep tonight after getting amped up watching that? Makes me think that this is the next way of showing the excitement of some of the classics. Can you imagine Paris-Roubaix from the front of a bike!?! Well...maybe helmet-cam. Can't wait till one of those alpine decents too.

At least one good thing can come from Nascar.

Here is hoping that there are still some races next year worth watching, but I digress.

d_douglas
10-23-2012, 12:01 AM
That had a weird Mad Max feel to the video. I forwarded through to some cool bits, but damn, they were going hard!

It also makes me regret not having visited Japan (yet). What a cool place.