PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla eye candy

vandeda
10-13-2005, 04:38 PM
New Vanilla coming .... Sacha does the most fantastic work.

Dan

shinomaster
10-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Cool! I saw a naked frame like that as his shop recently...I think it was a frame for him actually...Cool Logo!

jerk
10-13-2005, 04:52 PM
some one should paint that f#cking thing and put a derailleur hanger on it so you can actually use it. then if you took off that logo from a 1962 chevy ice cream truck we'd be getting some where.

jerk
(actually, sasha you do great work. just keeping you on your toes.)

Bradford
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
That logo is super cool.

chrisroph
10-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Ooh, I want one.

Needs Help
10-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Sacha does the most fantastic work.
In what seems to be a common complaint: he needs to hire someone to answer emails.

Redturbo
10-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Man thats so over the top in a good way!

rnhood
10-13-2005, 05:53 PM
That Sacha fellow is a talented individual. You're gonna have one fine bicycle.

Tailwinds
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Damnnnnn

coylifut
10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
In what seems to be a common complaint: he nees to hire someone to answer emails.

he answers his own phone though

taz-t
10-13-2005, 06:57 PM

Kevin
10-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Great looking frame. Keep us posted.

Kevin

shoe
10-13-2005, 09:01 PM
man thats a good looking beast. nice lugs - smooth not overdone. i would definitely put some more parts on it though....dave

csm
10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
looks like a moots

Len J
10-14-2005, 07:34 AM
New Vanilla coming .... Sacha does the most fantastic work.

Dan

He has the best looking dropouts.

Len

Kevan
10-14-2005, 07:38 AM
slapped my face hard and told me to, "Snap out of it!!!"

JohnS
10-14-2005, 07:46 AM
slapped my face hard and told me to, "Snap out of it!!!"
Again? :p

flydhest
10-14-2005, 08:02 AM
he answers his own phone though

He does indeed. He's a great guy and I've always got responses from him whether by phone or by e-mail.

Climb01742
10-14-2005, 09:01 AM
it's fascinating what floats our respective boats. i find many, many vanilla frames extremely drool-worthy, but curly lugs just don't do it for me. i mean no criticism whatsoever...just a comment on how fascinating diversity can be. i mean, as inexplicable as it may seem, there are some people who don't like orange. what's up with that? :beer:

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Climb-

Differnt' Strokes-

Jason

Ray
10-14-2005, 09:26 AM
it's fascinating what floats our respective boats. i find many, many vanilla frames extremely drool-worthy, but curly lugs just don't do it for me. i mean no criticism whatsoever...just a comment on how fascinating diversity can be. i mean, as inexplicable as it may seem, there are some people who don't like orange. what's up with that? :beer:
That's not diversity - that's insanity! I personally like curly lugs (although I have seen some lugs that strike me as waaaay too ornate) and I like some modern looking bikes and hate others. And I'm tolerant of people who like colors I can't stand (shocking pink bikes? - c'mon). But anyone who doesn't like orange bikes is just sick in the head. Eddie rode 'em - what else do you need to know? :p

-Ray

Kevan
10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
"But anyone who doesn't like orange bikes is just sick in the head. Eddie rode 'em - what else do you need to know?"

I hope that doesn't mean people are going to still be painting their bikes postal in 30 years time.

Ray
10-14-2005, 10:35 AM
"But anyone who doesn't like orange bikes is just sick in the head. Eddie rode 'em - what else do you need to know?"

I hope that doesn't mean people are going to still be painting their bikes postal in 30 years time.
Nah, there's a difference between garish American success and tasteful Belgian success after all. And those Postal/Disco bikes weren't orange anyway. :cool:

-Ray

PanTerra
10-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Orange is for the old VW Beetles. :banana:

Just imagine that with a Yak rack on the roof holding an orange CDA. SWEEEET!

Ozz
10-14-2005, 11:42 AM
some one should paint that f#cking thing and put a derailleur hanger on it so you can actually use it. ...

Actually, I think it does have a derailleur hanger on it....very cool! Run single or with gears..can you do that?

spatz
10-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Very nice Dan... but posting photos of a nude girl so fine as that is just wrong. Put some clothes on her and get back to us in a weeks time mate. :beer:

ps: And I don't want to see anything "utilitarian" like a bike rack ever gracing her back^side. ;)

spatz :)

vandeda
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM

I completely understand Climb. I know some people love just basic lugs. But my mind tells me ... wait, those basic lugs look exactly like the lugs on my cheapy '88 Centurion ... why do I want something so basic? Some people would rather see something much more ornate than what I'm getting. That's the beauty of custom though ... we can all get exactly what we're looking for :banana:

BTW ... also a HUGE thanks to Sacha for his patience with me. I had to ask him to delay starting work on the frame. Just when he needed fit numbers, I broke my toe so I couldn't hop on a fit cycle. I could ride (doctor said it was OK), but it was very painful and basically one legged riding with the other foot going along for the ride haha. But, Sacha had no problem bumping me and working with me. So ... a public "thank you" to Sacha for his patience and kindness.

Dan

vandeda
10-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Actually, I think it does have a derailleur hanger on it....very cool! Run single or with gears..can you do that?

Ozz ... that's the idea. This will be my light touring bike. Rear rack and trailer (decided I didn't want front racks, but decided on a trailer instead). However, I looooooooooooooooove riding my fixie. So, one day, the Vanilla will be fixie'fied. Whether permanently or temporarily, I don't know. But, I wanted the option to do so without running half chain links or funky hubs. Sacha recommended going with horizontal dropouts with a derailleur hanger. This way, I can do either or with ease :banana:

Dan

Sacha White
10-14-2005, 10:13 PM
some one should paint that f#cking thing and put a derailleur hanger on it so you can actually use it. then if you took off that logo from a 1962 chevy ice cream truck we'd be getting some where.
jerk
(actually, sasha you do great work. just keeping you on your toes.)

thanks, Jerk!

Sacha White
10-14-2005, 10:21 PM
In what seems to be a common complaint: he needs to hire someone to answer emails.

I've answered all of my email....from today :)

Ok, that's not even true, I was just trying to be funny.

-Sacha

Bradford
10-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey Sacha...

...how do you paint around that super cool logo?

Sacha White
10-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Hmmm... My painter has a liquid mask that he brushes on by hand and then cuts away after paint with an exacto and a steady hand.

- Sacha

Bradford
10-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm not the kink of guy that gets all mushy about bike aesthetics, in fact I usually make fun of people who care about such things, but that just blew me away. :banana:

Any chance you are going to be bringing a bike with the raised logo to Providence so I can see it in person?

The Jerk can keep his fancy Euro bike stuff, I'll take the ice cream truck any day. (And I loves the Jerk)

Sacha White
10-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Any chance you are going to be bringing a bike with the raised logo to Providence so I can see it in person?

Not to providence, maybe to the handmade bicycle show in March though.

-Sacha

Darrell
10-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Love it
Hand made things in the digital age is real coolness
Well done Sacha.
Cheers from admiring far away Dazza