PDA

View Full Version : A Ride with Fellow Forumites

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Back in September I did a ride in Springfield Il with H. Frank Beshear, Louis, myself and a friend of mine named Scott-

I just got around to getting the pix developed :crap: so I figured I would share now that I have them-

The brick "pave" is part of the original Route 66 :cool:

We had a great time- I plan on doing this ride again for sure

Thanks to Frank for putting the ride together- Maybe this could be a midwest meeting point for some of us next year-

The self portrait is me- I figured I needed to get at least one "action" shot of myself

Jason

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 03:50 PM
by the way - I know the pictures are backwards- that is how they came on the disk from the photo mart :crap:

I am getting a new disk

Jason

Serotta PETE
10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Looks like a good time was had by all....Only one question - - where was SNADY??

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Only one question - - where was SNADY??

WHO?????? :confused: ;)

Jason

manet
10-13-2005, 04:02 PM
WHO?????? :confused: ;)

Jason

dansy

William
10-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Nice pics Dirt-pal. why didn't you wear the Harley jersey? :confused:

William ;)

Samster
10-13-2005, 04:04 PM
for next year! Hey, who owns the silver Serotta? Was that your (dirt's) legend by any chance?... But then again, I see your Lemond in one of the pics... maybe not.

--sam

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Sam- thats Franks bike- VERY VERY VERY nice might I add

I would have posted pix from our ride two weeks ago at louis' house- but they would all just look like this

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/rest-in-peace.jpg

that ride was hard

Jason

ti_boi
10-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Awesome shots...wish you had some of Washington Park in SPFLD as it is known...that's where a wee Ti Boi...then just 'boi' rode his Super Le Tour on many a day....circa 1978-80....memories! Was born in and spent 15 years in that town. Nice to see Serottas there, too.

sc53
10-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Dirt, were you on the Legend that you have since sold? Also, for us out of towners, could you ID the forumites depicted? I think I got the self portrait, which is you. But who's on the Litespeed, etc?? Who has the dancing banana on the fork? :banana:
Thanks! curious members want to know.

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 05:00 PM
No the ti bike is Franks not my old legend-it is a Concorse no a Legend-
Frank has the dancing bananna

Frank is the one holding his arm up in the psudo "Up yours" pose

Louis is the grumpy looking one on the white de rosa

the guy on the litespeed is my friend scott (not a forum member)

the other guy in the red behind me in the self portrait is a guy who hooked up with us for about 40 or so miles-

Jason

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 06:09 PM
who owns the silver Serotta? Was that your (dirt's) legend by any chance?...
--sam

sam- this is a pix of my old legend

Jason

Tailwinds
10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Nice pics, Dirtman! I'd be up for a midwest ride sometime.

Serpico
10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Dirt,

what stem is that on the Legend pic above?

how did you like the stella tape?

thanks

Rapid Tourist
10-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Cool shots. Thanks for sharing! :banana:

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Dirt,

what stem is that on the Legend pic above?

how did you like the stella tape?

thanks

stem- thomson x2

tape- I like it- i also have it on my lemond- I know wayne ( :confused: ) i think mentioned it wore poorly- I would say it is maybe 1 1/2 season tape- but to me- it is worth it. Right now the tape on my lemond looks terrible but it is holding together-

Jason

Cadence230
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
:banana: I'm down for it! I guess in my case over for it. Nice and flat and fast! Thnx for the pix Jason. :banana:

H.Frank Beshear
10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for posting the pics. We had a wonderful time. The Capital city century is well run with great food and good support. It was pleasure to meet and ride with my friends from St. Louis. I had my arm in the air because I had a small accident and fell over :crap: . How'd the closeup turn out Jason? I'm looking foward to next year. I hope more of you can join us.My concours with the flame paint job can be seen here http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=6088 Thanks again Jason. Take care Frank

shoe
10-13-2005, 09:09 PM
why is it that the landscaping looks so nice but the bike so plain...dave

Samster
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Jason:

1. RE: Tombstone... that about sums it up. That was one of the hardest rides I've had in a long time.

2. Your Legend: THAT'S A SWEET BIKE! Why did you sell it?

See you guys on Saturday. 8 sharp.

--sam

dirtdigger88
10-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Why did you sell it?

--sam

TERRAPLANE!!!!

Jason

RABikes2
10-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks for sharing Jason; enjoyed the photos! :banana:

RA

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 08:52 AM
one more to add- this the the after effects of Franks "fall" :p

Jason

Ozz
10-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Cool pics....just a few comments:

1 - where are the hills?
2 - Nice "pave" on Route 66 (Hell of the Midwest?)
3 - nice pic of my Legend (heh, heh, heh!)
4 - why is there a sleeping bag strapped under the seat of your Lemond?

You should be just a couple weeks from delivery of the Terraplane...yes?

tick, tick, tick.... :banana:

Tailwinds
10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Yes, we are all waiting for pics of your Terraplane!

I see a Terraplane congregation in the hills of Missouri in the future...

Fixed
10-14-2005, 11:37 AM
stem- thomson x2

tape- I like it- i also have it on my lemond- I know wayne ( :confused: ) i think mentioned it wore poorly- I would say it is maybe 1 1/2 season tape- but to me- it is worth it. Right now the tape on my lemond looks terrible but it is holding together-

Jason
bro I got about 3 weeks before it started fallin off.but it only came off where I put my hands and it's expensive $20.00 a roll around here.cheers :beer:

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Cool pics....just a few comments:

1 - where are the hills?
2 - Nice "pave" on Route 66 (Hell of the Midwest?)
3 - nice pic of my Legend (heh, heh, heh!)
4 - why is there a sleeping bag strapped under the seat of your Lemond?

You should be just a couple weeks from delivery of the Terraplane...yes?

tick, tick, tick.... :banana:

1. hills- Ozz you see a few million years ago these things called glaciers came through the midwest- they basicly scraped the landscape flat- now move a bit south to st louis- and you get hills again- but these were made from water run off from the glaciers- not from the push that caused the hills in say Tennessee- if you would like me to continue my (your) geology lession I would be happy to do so

2. pave- very cool

3. yes you do have a nice legend- when will we see pixs

4. sleeping bag- well I have the large bag as a beta test for when the kirk gets here- I know folks on race bikes dont like them but I can carry tools- spare tubes- or tubbies- my car keys and wallet- a "do rag" and a few other things and still have room for a turkey sandwich or two- maybe it doesnt work on a race bike- but I aint riding a race bike- wait til you see the front bag

A couple of weeks- yes- God I hope so- I am thinking JB will be starting the paint sometime next week (late) or early the following

Jason

Dr. Doofus
10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
looks like no road or dougnut is safe from that crew

:D

OldDog
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I was checking out your sleeping bag on the Lemond and was trying to figure out the aero helmet you were wearing...it's the trucks tail light lens...

Been a long week.

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I was checking out your sleeping bag on the Lemond and was trying to figure out the aero helmet you were wearing...it's the trucks tail light lens...

Been a long week.

thats not me next to the lemond- thats my buddy scott- I am about 80lbs smaller- :p

Jason

OldDog
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
thats not me next to the lemond- thats my buddy scott- I am about 80lbs smaller- :p

Jason

I/m sure you would still look good in tail lights... :p

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Here is me with the same tail lights (not on my head) from last years TdFL

Jason

gasman
10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm glad to see you smiling in that phot dirt. Your self portrait has no happy smile :)

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm glad to see you smiling in that phot dirt. Your self portrait has no happy smile :)

hey I was riding no handed in a pace line- what do yo want?

:D :D :D :D

Jason

gasman
10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
hey I was riding no handed in a pace line- what do yo want?

OHMYGOD !!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

jdoiv
10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Where'd ya get the UT jersey. You know no self respectin' TN biker can be without one of those.... I gotsta get one of those...

BTW, coming to back to Nashvegas anytime soon?

Louis
10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Jason,

Next time we ride out at my place we need to take some pictures of how we look as we climb the hills...

Louis

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
gasman- yeeeesssss!!!!!

Louis- I would like to but after that ride I couldnt move my finger enough to snap a picture

jdoiv- http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=137&subcategory=1236&brand=&sku=8403&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

I should be back down in the next few weeks- I will give you a ring

Jason