PDA

View Full Version : My own private Dirtphalt

sc53
10-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Spent the weekend in the Shenandoah Valley, staying in Staunton VA, for the annual Fall Foliage Bike Festival. Unbelievably great weather, roads (gravel and paved), rest stops, camaraderie--just a fabulous weekend. Cool and nippy in the early mornings, then warming to low 70's. Perfect.

bobswire
10-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Gorgeous pics, fall makes for a wonderful backdrop. How do you like the VeloOrange Rando (if it is a Rando)?

BumbleBeeDave
10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
. . . it could stay exactly like THIS for about an extra month (or two), with the leaves lingering and cool--but not cold--weather.

Looks like a great time! . . . though I can't say a lot for your choice of riding companions. What a bunch of turkeys! :rolleyes:

BBD

azrider
10-22-2012, 09:07 AM
awesome pics......thanks for sharing

zap
10-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Wonderful part of the country.

CNY rider
10-22-2012, 10:25 AM
. . . it could stay exactly like THIS for about an extra month (or two), with the leaves lingering and cool--but not cold--weather.

Looks like a great time! . . . though I can't say a lot for your choice of riding companions. What a bunch of turkeys! :rolleyes:

BBD

Sarah, it looks lovely.
Dave you just have to migrate south and follow fall.
Start here in September and work your way south along with it.

Johny
10-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Sarah, it looks lovely.
Dave you just have to migrate south and follow fall.
Start here in September and work your way south along with it.

Great pix Sarah.

The part of the world I now live in is still summerlike. :)

sc53
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
BobsWire--yep that is a VO Rando bike. I put 700 x 37 Vittoria Hyper Randonneur tires on it this fall and I love the ride! I had to remove the fenders for such wide tires but it really rides well with this setup. I have a MTB RD with 11-32 cassette as well, so I had plenty of gears for loose gravel (slow) climbing. My new Bedford will basically recapitulate this bike in Ti, with brifters not bar ends, and canti brakes rather than the Grand Cru long reach dual pivots I have on the VO. Don't really NEED the Bedford, but definitely WANT it.
BBD, CNY--yes, just follow fall as it moves south! Last fall we had no colors at all but this fall is lovely. I don't know what the winter holds in store, I don't ride in icy weather after my humorous (non humorous) mishap a few years ago.

AngryScientist
10-22-2012, 11:27 AM
uh-oh fellas, thanksgiving is coming, gobble gobble.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=104363&stc=1&d=1350909937