PDA

View Full Version : Great Weekend in Battenkill Country

BumbleBeeDave
10-21-2012, 09:22 PM
My buddy Doug and I rode both days this weekend in Washington Co. NY out of Cambridge, home of the Tour of the Battenkill. Wonderful, brisk weather and still some rockin' fall foliage. Doug was oh, so patient with me as I shot photos and several times ask him to "ride right over THERE" so I could get the shot.

42 miles yesterday, 37.5 today. Enjoy! Hope your weekend was as good.

BBD

mike p
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Great pic's as usual Dave. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

AngryScientist
10-22-2012, 06:14 AM
dave, you seem to be livin' the dream this year. you've been doing some great riding. good work out there, looks like a fun weekend!

northbend
10-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Really nice photos like these make it easy to imagine yourself there. Thanks for letting us come along for the ride.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=104339&stc=1&d=1350872492

BShow
10-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Wow... really makes me want to go for a ride. Nice pics!

svelocity
10-22-2012, 08:22 AM
That's just incredible! Thanks so much for posting these photos. The photo with just the house is like an oil painting. A little soft focus, landscape, really cool...

Wow you just don't get autumn like that out here!!

BumbleBeeDave
10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
. . . was incredible. The clouds made the areas of sunshine flow cross the landscape.

BBD

bobswire
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
BBD,you need a life. You have become a slave of the bike,wasting two days in the cool early fall morning when you could have been watching football chugging down some suds with some buds while doing chest bumps. ;)

Steevo
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Looks like great country to ride in. Excellent photos!!

BumbleBeeDave
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
BBD,you need a wife. You have become a slave of the bike,wasting two days in the cool early fall morning when you could have been watching football chugging down some suds with some buds while doing chest bumps. ;)

. . . fixed it for you! ;)

BBD

Tom
10-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Where are the cars? Where are the cars?

It was a beautiful weekend. I rode out of the Dorptown Saturday early as the fog burned off and it was some of the most spectacular riding of the year. Sunday wasn't bad either with the clouds scudding along, I was up on the Glenville ridge hoping the sun would break onto the south side of the river but it didn't, though any pics I got wouldn't be any near as good as Dave's.

tch
10-22-2012, 12:35 PM
everywhere in the Northeast....

Matt-H
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Great pics as always, Dave! I know you've covered this before, but what camera are you using for these ride shots?

BumbleBeeDave
10-22-2012, 01:07 PM
. . . DMC-TS3. It's the waterproof, shockproof, coldproof one. I throw it in the jersey pocket and if it rains on me or I sweat on it, no big deal.

The only thing you have to watch for is the same as with many of these small cameras. The quality degrades quickly if you shoot at above ISO 400 or if you use the digital zoom.

I could get a camera with a much longer optical zoom, but not with the water/shockproof features. The compromise in capability is worth it to me to get that durability. I feel it's justified since sooner or later I will drop it--and I did last June. Camera bounced along the asphalt and while the rear screen cover is now cracked and there's some dents in the orange case, it still works good as new.

BBD