PDA

View Full Version : Silver 30.6mm seatposts - do they exist?

Llewellyn
10-20-2012, 05:55 PM
In my thread about my resprayed frame someone commented that a silver seatpost would set it off nicely and I agree.

The trouble is that the frame takes a 30.6mm seatpost and 30.6mm posts in any colour seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo. The only one I've been able to find is made by Kalloy and in my experience they're designed and priced for the cheaper end of the market and I feel my frame deserves something a bit nicer.

Does anybody know if Campy or any other quality manufacturers have ever made a silver 30.6mm post? My net searches haven't turned up anything. Are there any custom options?

AngryScientist
10-20-2012, 05:58 PM
first off - your bike rocks, it's wonderful.

second - have you contacted the man himself? dazza may be able to straighten you out, perhaps.

Llewellyn
10-20-2012, 06:08 PM
first off - your bike rocks, it's wonderful.

second - have you contacted the man himself? dazza may be able to straighten you out, perhaps.

Dazza will be at the Custom Bicycle Show in Melbourne and I'm going so I'll have a chat to him and see if he's got any ideas

choke
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
I imagine that they're out there but not easy to find. I would peruse eBay every day or two...if one comes up with a Buy It Now it may not last long.

I spent six months or so looking for a silver 30.0mm seatpost which is another unusual size. So far my collection contains Kalloy, American Classic and Campy versions. :)

David Kirk
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Thomson makes a 30.6 post in black.......I wonder if they offer one in silver?

dave

scooter
10-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Thomson used to make it in silver. Kalloy and Uno are still available in 30.6 silver.

Ticycles in Portland will custom fabricate a titanium seatpost to your spec - $300.

Will a shim work? It would open up other options.

scooter
10-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Cane Creek has a 27.2 - 30.6 seatpost shim for about $10. Use one of the many choices you have for silver 27.2 seatposts.