PDA

View Full Version : Well, UCI will respond on Monday

tuxbailey
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Will Lance preempt today?

http://news.yahoo.com/cycling-body-respond-monday-armstrong-report-150145306--spt.html

The timing of all the events are so well choreographed :)

Dave B
10-19-2012, 12:24 PM
What could they possibly have to say other then, yeah the ban suits us?

How could they possibly find fault with the report? Now I am sure if they are this corrupt as we all think they will come up with something. But you would imagine USADA would take it to CAS and then the UCI officials will be canned.

Elefantino
10-19-2012, 12:25 PM
The UCI will appeal.

Its leadership has no other choice.

Dave B
10-19-2012, 12:30 PM
The UCI will appeal.

Its leadership has no other choice.

I would agree, but how could they be that naive to think they aren't busted.

How many riders who got popped will be excited to see these guys go down.

UCI: "It was the tainted beef we ate with Contador that caused us to do that!"

"Lance's bribe money was tainted with some sort of addicted chemical...kind of like what the Colonel uses on his chicken!"

"Our homes in Monaco aren't completed and we only needed a few more bribes to be done!"

William
10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I would agree, but how could they be that naive to think they aren't busted.

How many riders who got popped will be excited to see these guys go down.

UCI: "It was the tainted beef we ate with Contador that caused us to do that!"

"Lance's bribe money was tainted with some sort of addicted chemical...kind of like what the Colonel uses on his chicken!"

"Our homes in Monaco aren't completed and we only needed a few more bribes to be done!"

Hein to Pound: "It's the fans fault".:rolleyes:

William

54ny77
10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChfIyHZqEd8

:banana:

CunegoFan
10-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I think they will appeal the six month bans. The UCI has been consistent when it comes to attempting for force maximum sentences on those who cooperate.

Rueda Tropical
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I think they will appeal the six month bans. The UCI has been consistent when it comes to attempting for force maximum sentences on those who cooperate.

That may happen. But those guys are already effectively banned for life. They broke the Omertà.

ultraman6970
10-19-2012, 02:16 PM
UCI has to ban LA, IMO they dont have any other way to look good now. The issue IMO is if LA will play the whole DVD even with the non censored commentaries, only that would get the UCI down to hell. And I dont see that coming at all.

dbh
10-19-2012, 02:29 PM
No way the UCI appeals this. I'm sure the IOC would step in and threaten to remove cycling from the Olympic program.

CunegoFan
10-19-2012, 03:39 PM
That may happen. But those guys are already effectively banned for life. They broke the Omertà.

All the Garmin riders still have jobs. Leipheimer may have issues. I would not be surprised to see Levi hired by Garmin if JV thinks he can get results while racing clean.

Rueda Tropical
10-19-2012, 03:57 PM
All the Garmin riders still have jobs. Leipheimer may have issues. I would not be surprised to see Levi hired by Garmin if JV thinks he can get results while racing clean.

Garmin will soon have a wealth of ex-dopers who talked to much and now have no where to go to choose from.