PDA

View Full Version : My Lance Blog Post

hairylegs
10-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Hey Guys -

Perhaps I'm wrong, but as much as I freakin love this forum, I've always tended to feel there's a bit of hate towards Lance here. Regardless, I still love this place!

For what it's worth, I finally decided to fire up the old blog:

http://runningformyfather.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-thoughts-on-lance-and-hope.html

Louis
10-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Bryan Farhy, the leader of the Fireflies ride, summed it up for me on Facebook today "I don't care that Lance took drugs. He's done a hell of lot more good in this world than I have."

Interesting post, but I don't see how this give Lance a free pass.

cat6
10-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Sometime near present day a mysterious plague sweeps the world, killing almost every adult and leaving behind "a world of orphans". Some fortunate few are raised by the surviving adults, including Lee (John Stockwell), who is taken in and raised by Albert (James Earl Jones) on his remote farm. Fifteen years later, Lee decides to set out for the nearby ruins of Los Angeles in the hopes of joining the Clippers, a famous motorcycle gang. Lee arrives in the city only to find it seemingly empty, but spots a convoy of cargo trucks heading through the streets. He follows them into a well-lit, fenced off building, where he is quickly noticed by Bolo (Norbert Weisser), who is overseeing operations. When various workers begin to converge on Lee he flees on his motorcycle.

malcolm
10-19-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't think it gives him a pass and I don't think that was hairylegs point.

If Lance helped you and your family then it's real. There is way more to this than did he or didn't he dope. No matter how it came to be no matter how sordid, still some good came for it that is undeniable and posts like this prove it and there are many.

For me I don't really care if he doped, doesn't effect me at all. I've suspected it for as long as I can remember watching him, not because of him but because of the sport in particular and professinal sports in general. He's not all bad, none of us are.

For me it's like a train wreck you just can't take your eyes off of it as it unfolds. It's a case study in human nature from both inside the sport and outside.

Louis
10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
For me I don't really care if he doped, doesn't effect me at all.

If you're a cyclist, then it affected you. Perhaps indirectly, but it did.

Example: back when he was competing it allowed him to win, and to keep on winning, which greatly increased the profile of the sport in the US, and we all benefited from that.

slidey
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry, but I couldn't go beyond the title...Lance, and hope can never go hand-in-hand for me. At the same time, I gather that you and your father have benefitted from his foundation during some tough times, so good for the both of you.

Hey Guys -

Perhaps I'm wrong, but as much as I freakin love this forum, I've always tended to feel there's a bit of hate towards Lance here. Regardless, I still love this place!

For what it's worth, I finally decided to fire up the old blog:

http://runningformyfather.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-thoughts-on-lance-and-hope.html

Vientomas
10-19-2012, 04:54 PM
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-860283

"I then learned that many of the participants were extremely angered by their discovery that while each had paid $ 35,000 for their ability to ride with Armstrong they were only being provided with tax receipts for their contribution in the amount of $ 25,000. They had learned that only that amount was provided to the foundation and that $ 10,000 from each participant went directly "into Armstrong's jeans".