PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint for Mavic spokes...

Russ
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
I got a small, but clearly noticeable scratch on one of the spokes on my Silver Ksyriums.

Do you know if Mavic has touch up paint for these spokes? I went to the local hobby shop and the silver Testor's paint did not match closely the one on the Zyrcal spoke.

Suggestions?

SPOKE
10-12-2005, 09:01 PM
i keep a selection of colors of the testor's paint. you can usually mix paints together to get a very close match. try the silver with a tiny bit of grey mixed in. do the mixing by dipping a toothpick into the primary color and dab a couple drops on a business card (white, so you can get a good read on the color) wrapped in plastic. then dip another tooth pick into the other color and mix the two together. once you get the color match then do the touchup.
this takes a bit of time but works pretty well.

Argos
10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Nice Style! Attention to detail rocks!

dave thompson
10-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Try some FloQuil model railroad paint. They have a huge variety of colors and textrues of paint. I used to use it when I was restoring old British bikes, for making nuts, bolts and other bits look perfect.

BumbleBeeDave
10-12-2005, 09:45 PM
. . . head out to the local well-stocked auto parts store and they should have a pretty good selection of touch-up paint. Places I’ve been around here have several different colors of “silver” and I can usually find something that matches pretty darn close . . . :)

BBDave