PDA

View Full Version : CX disc frame and S&S couplings?

Nags&Ducs
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Anyone have this set-up? I thought I read someone say that packing a coupled, disc'ed frame is impossible without taking off the rotors. Is this true? Or is it possible, just not easy to do? I'm considering a Lynskey Cooper CX disc with S&S couplings for my wife's next bike. I would reconsider the S&S option if I had to take off the discs every time I packed the frame into the box. Thanks.

echelon_john
10-17-2012, 09:27 AM
This is just an opinion, but I think the risk of dinging the rotors and warping them during packing/unpacking would sort of defeat the purpose of a 'plug and play' travel bike.

poff
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I have not had any problems with packing my Blacksheep ST Highlight with discs (Rohloff rear) into the hard case and traveling with it.

oldpotatoe
10-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I have not had any problems with packing my Blacksheep ST Highlight with discs (Rohloff rear) into the hard case and traveling with it.

Hard case, ala Trico or S&S hard case? S&S adds quite a bit of challenge when it comes to their case. Pretty sure the rotors gotta come off for S&S case but maybe not.

poff
10-17-2012, 01:02 PM
S&S the wider barely illegal version.