PDA

View Full Version : OT--Wallace & Gromit ROCK!

BumbleBeeDave
10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Has anyone else seen this movie? I've been a fan ever since "The Wrong Trousers" won the Oscar.

The animation is AMAZING! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

Sandy
10-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I think that they are after Kevan. I sure hope that they catch him. :)

Sandy

deechee
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
LOVED the "dogfight" eheh, been a fan since I saw the first one. Have you ever seen "Creature Comforts"? I was a bit skeptical since "Chicken Run" was an absolute bore for me and I wasn't sure how well W&G who were always in "shorts" would translate in a 88minute movie but it was a load of fun :)

PanTerra
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I have been a fan of W&G since I saw Wrong Trousers. A group of us went to see it after our Sunday ride. The ride was longer than usual and I was rather tired. Missed a couple of scenes from dozing off, nothing really important, I'm sure, not because of the movie but because of the ride. The only problem was that there was an inordinate amount of kids in the theater, what's up with that!

PanTerra
10-12-2005, 01:02 PM
LOVED the "dogfight" eheh, been a fan since I saw the first one. Have you ever seen "Creature Comforts"? I was a bit skeptical since "Chicken Run" was an absolute bore for me and I wasn't sure how well W&G who were always in "shorts" would translate in a 88minute movie but it was a load of fun :)

Dogfight? What dogfight...

Kevan
10-12-2005, 01:21 PM
That dynamitic duo caught me a LONG time ago. I never have been a big fan of pesto either.

Ginger
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Ah, A Grand Day Out (1989); my first exposure to the fun that is W&G.

I love Gromit.

Dr. Doofus
10-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Ahhh....in "A Close Shave," when Grommit salutes the Winter Gardens-style rolling pyramid of sheep (you ahve to see it) before strafing the cyber-dog's truck with the porridge gun mounted to his sidecar-monoplane...perfect, as dignified and valiant as De Boildieu in La Grande illusion....

dauwhe
10-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, my avatar should give everyone a clue that I'm a W&G fan...

Saw the movie on Saturday, during the torrential rainstorm. No cycling that day! Did the Great River Ride on Sunday--was really cool to see all the rivers raging!

Back to the topic, "The Wrong Trousers" is my first and favorite!

Dave Cramer
Brattleboro, Vermont

Ken Lehner
10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
When my PC boots up, the .wav file that is played is "Windows are our speciality" (from "A Close Shave", I believe). When I shut it down, it says "All's well that ends well, that's what I say" (from "The Wrong Trousers").

deechee
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Dogfight? What dogfight...
How could you doze off near the end?

flydhest
10-12-2005, 04:13 PM
did you all hear the story on NPR about the big fire the production company had in their warehouse? Apparently, a lot of the original sets and clamation models for the W&G stuff was lost. Sad.