PDA

View Full Version : feedback bike stands

crownjewelwl
10-15-2012, 03:38 PM
several stands with big price range...which one should i get?

i'm worried about the getting enough torque on the clamps to prevent movement while working on the bike. i've had some issues with cheaper stands...

thanks!

rice rocket
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I've read some reviews on them trying to decide for myself.

Some people say the Pro model doesn't generate enough force and causes the bike to pivot while the Elite does, but I'm not sure I buy it since they look identical minus the seatpost clamping mechanism. Then again, the Elite is only $10 more than the pro, and it should be a once in a lifetime purchase.

The only other difference is the height adjustment ranges of the clamp.

rbtmcardle
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I have this and couldnt be happier.

http://www.parktool.com/product/team-race-stand-prs-20

rice rocket
10-15-2012, 04:06 PM
I have this and couldnt be happier.

http://www.parktool.com/product/team-race-stand-prs-20

I have a FOX fork on my MTB, service interval is 20 hours of riding. :eek: That means 90% of my work can't be done on that stand. :mad:

Park's two-leg stands just don't seem like a good idea, and they're also double the weight of the Feedback stands. :eek:

rbtmcardle
10-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Ouch.. that would make it difficult.. my cheapo trek mountain bike has some kind of squishy fork on it.. I dont have a clue how often its supposed to be serviced.. its a beater for the woods.. but the stand is great for working on my road bikes.. all but headset issues..

I have a FOX fork on my MTB, service interval is 20 hours of riding. :eek: That means 90% of my work can't be done on that stand. :mad:

Park's two-leg stands just don't seem like a good idea, and they're also double the weight of the Feedback stands. :eek:

Whats even funnier is that its just now that I am realizing that "feedback" is a brand!

CNY rider
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM

I have the two legged Park (can't remember the exact model, probably 8-10 years old) but if I were buying again I would get a different one.
Just not stable enough. Every so often you forget where the legs are, rotate the bike around and the whole thing goes pitching over.

avalonracing
10-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a FOX fork on my MTB, service interval is 20 hours of riding. :eek:

8 rides and you have to service the fork. I say to hell with that.

MattTuck
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
8 rides and you have to service the fork. I say to hell with that.

Amen. That sounds like a horrible idea for everyone other than bike shops/wrenches.

crownjewelwl
10-15-2012, 05:06 PM

In the same boat but I have a lefty

zmudshark
10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
I have the Feedback Pro-Elite. The QR clamp is worth the price of admission. I like it better than the shop quality Park stand (PRS-3).

Buy it and don't look back. I got mine at Aspire years ago. I wish I had bought two back then, when they were half the price they are today.

crownjewelwl
10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Amen. That sounds like a horrible idea for everyone other than bike shops/wrenches.

Guess you're riding rigid then....that's a typical service interval for modern suspension forks but my guess is most peeps don't do it...I certainly don't!

MattTuck
10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Guess you're riding rigid then....that's a typical service interval for modern suspension forks but my guess is most peeps don't do it...I certainly don't!

I have a rockshox judy from ...... 1998. I don't do much mountain biking anymore (maybe 500 miles a year mostly spring and fall) and that thing hasn't been serviced in probably 6 years... I'm a bad boy when it comes to maintenance.

oldpotatoe
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
several stands with big price range...which one should i get?

i'm worried about the getting enough torque on the clamps to prevent movement while working on the bike. i've had some issues with cheaper stands...

thanks!

Sell many, I'd say get the ProUltralight..better head, $190

crownjewelwl
10-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Sell many, I'd say get the ProUltralight..better head, $190

Thanks OP!

dave thompson
10-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I bought my Feedback Pro Elite from AspireVeloTech http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=16021 5 years ago, promptly sold my Parks stand and couldn't be happier. Lots of adjustment, easy to load bikes on and off, sturdy, strong and has a small footprint when stored.

rice rocket
10-15-2012, 05:52 PM
oldpotatoe: Do you mean the Elite? The Pro Ultralight has the same head as all the lower end models down to the $109 Recreational stand. And the Ultralight is only lighter because it doesn't extend as high.

Amazon just cut the price on the Elite down to $208, I just pulled the trigger.

MadRocketSci
10-15-2012, 05:56 PM
anyone try the sprint?

swPArider
10-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I have a Pro Elite. It's easy to use and adjust and it's really sturdy. Have not had any issues with the bike pivoting in the stand. The optional tool tray is nice, keeps all your small parts where you need em.

vqdriver
10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
i have the pro elite and i do like the slap to release clamp. tripod setup is very secure tho it takes a huge footprint.

one thing i wish it did was hold an adjustment. meaning if i clamp a seattube then release it to turn around and reclamp it around the same seattube, i have to hold it steady while turning the knob just like i did the first time. i prefer the park style clamp a la prs25 which will hold the adjustment.

zmudshark
10-15-2012, 06:08 PM
oldpotatoe: Do you mean the Elite? The Pro Ultralight has the same head as all the lower end models down to the $109 Recreational stand. And the Ultralight is only lighter because it doesn't extend as high.

Amazon just cut the price on the Elite down to $208, I just pulled the trigger.

You will not regret it.

559Rando
10-16-2012, 09:55 AM
promptly sold my Parks stand and couldn't be happier.

I've heard from several people that love Park tools that the Park stands are poor, even the upper end models.

I use a Minoura RS-something-or-other and am completely happy with it. $75 off the local CL. Made in Japan, folds up nice and small, lightweight. It's all a guy like me needs.

DRietz
10-16-2012, 02:51 PM

Actually, it can. You can clamp the rear triangle instead of the fork, thus making the fork accessible for service.

anyone try the sprint?

Yes - I own one and I love it. Never buying another stand. I was on their waiting list for months while they were still in production and on the water and I can't explain enough how much that wait was worth it.

High quality, very stable, and so incredibly Euro.

rice rocket
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Actually, it can. You can clamp the rear triangle instead of the fork, thus making the fork accessible for service.

Ah, good to know.

Seat tube clamp is still probably the best solution for me though, I have horizontal dropouts on the MTB, so I'd have to finagle it into the dropout by sliding it in while keeping it level somehow? It also lets me do brake adjustments on a stand.

oldpotatoe
10-16-2012, 04:23 PM

Yes - I own one and I love it. Never buying another stand. I was on their waiting list for months while they were still in production and on the water and I can't explain enough how much that wait was worth it.

High quality, very stable, and so incredibly Euro.

Have and sell this one, yep, very Euro..

savageveggie
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I was just looking at feedback stands, so I found this at the right time. I am about to move out of my parent's house and need a stand for myself. My dad has what I assume to be a pro elite. It says Ultimate support on it, am I connecting the dots right?

It is a great stand, will not tip, slip, or anything unwanted. I actually prefer the clamping system to that of the park stands at work. The park stands seem to take more time with me. Sometimes it takes a few tries to adjust the clamp to the right size for a specific seatpost. With this system I just have to push the clamp in and tighten the nob, easy peasy lemon squeasy.

I have yet to do anything with my current tandem on the stand, but it seemed to handle my previous much heavier tandem fine.