PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Saddle Question #3!

TT Tandem
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
You guys have been so helpful that I have just one more question.
I received 2 Brooks Saddles from a forum member to try out. They are a B17 & B17N. Yesterday I tried them out on my '83 Schwinn Super Le Tour. After riding up and down our road along with some climbing I found the B17N to be more comfortable. I would stop and make tilt adjustments along the way. The B17 made me feel that I was sitting in a " bucket". Granted these are used saddle and are conformed to the original owner.
The saddle will be going on my build up, Serotta Colorado ll. I am going up to the LBS, where I am doing the build to check it out to determine stem length.
Any advice about my selection?
Thanks

jr59
10-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Buy what your butt tells you is comfy!

Nobody will see it when you are riding by them.

christian
10-15-2012, 08:18 AM
If you think the B17N is more comfortable, it's more comfortable.

FWIW, that B17 is not that worn - I'd expect it to take on that shape within 500-1000 miles of riding from new. Saddle probably only has 5000 miles on it.

oldpotatoe
10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
You guys have been so helpful that I have just one more question.
I received 2 Brooks Saddles from a forum member to try out. They are a B17 & B17N. Yesterday I tried them out on my '83 Schwinn Super Le Tour. After riding up and down our road along with some climbing I found the B17N to be more comfortable. I would stop and make tilt adjustments along the way. The B17 made me feel that I was sitting in a " bucket". Granted these are used saddle and are conformed to the original owner.
The saddle will be going on my build up, Serotta Colorado ll. I am going up to the LBS, where I am doing the build to check it out to determine stem length.
Any advice about my selection?
Thanks

Subjective, 100%. If ya like it, then use it. If ya like it more than the B17, use the 'N' one..not really sure why you are asking the forum about your choice.

Saddles are more personal, subjective than just about anything in 'bikes'.