PDA

View Full Version : A Fall mountain bike ride report

jchasse
10-14-2012, 03:03 PM
As we near the end of a long and enjoyable riding season, the crew was feeling sluggish last weekend, so we did an easy shuttle ride in the almost-high-country. Likely the closest we'll get to the high mountains for the year, as we got snow in the high San Juans on Friday. This is also probably the last "big" ride for me on this bike, since I've got a new ride in the works for next season. 18 miles of singletrack starting at 9,000 ft, descending to ~6,000, with another few miles on fire roads at the end. It was a good, mellow way to say so long to the Turner.

Thanks for looking!

AngryScientist
10-14-2012, 03:10 PM
bravo!

now this is the kind of content that i like to see on the forum this time of year, good stuff. thanks for the report!

William
10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice!:cool:

Thanks for sharing. Bigger hills than CT for sure.;)

William

velotel
10-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I kept thinking I know that trail but couldn't remember its name. And then the last photo. Yes! Been maybe 25 years since I rode that puppy. Looks as good as ever. Kind of surprised you've still got aspen leaves this late. Nothing better than riding under those clouds of yellow. Nice ride. Thanks for the pics and memories.

malcolm
10-14-2012, 04:24 PM
What are you replacing the turner with? Beautiful pics by the way.

HenryA
10-14-2012, 04:51 PM
So good it hurts.
Thanks for sharing this.

jchasse
10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
What are you replacing the turner with? Beautiful pics by the way.

Well, hopefully, an Intense. The waiting is killing me...here are the beginnings...linky (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=115802&referrerid=5506)

mtflycaster
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Nice! Think I might try this one tomorrow! :-)

jchasse
10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Nice! Think I might try this one tomorrow! :-)

Howdy! Do you remember me PM'ing you here a few years ago, asking if my 'cross bike would suffice for Durango singletrack (when we visited from the East Coast)? Yeah, um, we moved here shortly after that visit. :banana:

And you were right...I don't want to ride 99.63% of the singletrack around here on a 'cross bike. :)

mtflycaster
10-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes, I do! Glad you made the move and are enjoying it.

Up until recently, I have been spending most of my time in the SF Bay area, so have not been around much. Back now, though, and loving the riding. Today did the road ride from town up the valley to top of Shalona...stunning!

Meet you for a beer sometime...

MTfly