PDA

View Full Version : Should they have let Lance race yesterday?

Erik_A
10-14-2012, 02:48 PM
We all know that Lance isn't bad on the tri circuit:

http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/honu70.3/lance-armstrong-wins-again#axzz29Iv9E5j6

And it also doesn't come as a surprise that he wanted to compete in the Ironman World Championships in Kona yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 13). It is jus that after the USADA ruling "the World Triathlon Corporation, which owns the Ironman series, suspended him from its events "pending further review."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/austin_murphy/10/12/Ironman-Kona-World-Championships/index.html

Interesting that Craig (Crowie) Alexander, and Chris (Macca) McCormack wanted to come out of retirement to beat Lance (at tri) this year.

jlwdm
10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Interesting that Craig (Crowie) Alexander, and Chris (Macca) McCormack wanted to come out of retirement to beat Lance (at tri) this year.

Kind of pathetic for them.

Jeff

Louis
10-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Kind of pathetic for them.

I agree - try to beat Lance when he's not on his full PEDs program just isn't fair. Talk about taking advantage of a guy when he's down...

bikinchris
10-14-2012, 07:11 PM
You guys really think pro triathletes dont juice?

Louis
10-14-2012, 07:53 PM
You guys really think pro triathletes dont juice?

I doubt it - they've been tested hundreds of times and have never failed, not even once.

Bruce K
10-14-2012, 08:14 PM
:eek: :rolleyes:

That's all I've got for that one.....

BK

CunegoFan
10-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Armstrong started to talk with Dr. Ferrari about winning Kona as soon as he failed at the 2010 Tour. The emails are in one of the USADA PDFs.

Fixed
10-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Forty year old should not be able to win that race ,where is the new talent?
Cheers:)

Seott-e
10-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Well.....Did Lance ever "fail" a doping test ?

oldpotatoe
10-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I doubt it - they've been tested hundreds of times and have never failed, not even once.

Wellll....I know Tim and Tony Deboom, have been working on their bikes for years...I think you need to look at the testing done at Ironman events, closely, before you 'assume' they is no PED involved.

They may do it now, but I doubt it, no blood, just urine..no hematocrit levels, no tests for the most common form these days, blood doping using one's own blood, no history, no biological passport, etc.

Many complained when that German'(I think) broke 8 hours..many eyebrows raised..

Mr Cabletwitch
10-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for EPO in the back of my wife's triatholon mags.

Personally I say just gut all the sports of the "professionals" and lets get back to good ole amateur sports. Who cares about what is going on in a race half way across the world. I'm more interested in my local race series.

Erik_A
10-15-2012, 09:49 AM
In Europe cycling is big business.

I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for EPO in the back of my wife's triatholon mags.

Personally I say just gut all the sports of the "professionals" and lets get back to good ole amateur sports. Who cares about what is going on in a race half way across the world. I'm more interested in my local race series.

Fixed
10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
If I remember right Scott Molina got caught once I think it was in the 80's
Cheers