PDA

View Full Version : Dbrk--Riv

Michael Testa
02-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Did you subscribe to the new Rivendell "RBWList"? If not, you should. Lots of great discussion, with personal insight from none other than the man himself, your good friend, Grant Petersen.

dbrk
02-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Three, four times I have clicked, tried to subscribe, and so far nothing seems to have happened. I can't even find the List going to Topica and running a search.

Just to make this even a bit relevent to this Forum, I find the old List methods more than a little frustrating now that this Forum software makes it all so easy to follow threads, participate, peek in, and leave aside what is uninteresting. On the old iBOB and CR you have either a million single messages a day or a digest of all. On Topica, as we all learned when the previous Serotta Phorum was down, the List format is about as clumsy and not nearly as good as it is here. Basically, this Forum is a wonderful way to communicate and far, far better than other List formats. Feel blessed. Thank you, Serotta.

dbrk

bags27
02-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Add another one who has tried to subscribe a number of times--to no avail.

Kevin
02-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Make it three.

Kevin

Carlo
02-27-2004, 05:57 PM
IV

e-RICHIE
02-27-2004, 06:32 PM
go to topica and subscribe.
here's a link to read:

http://www.topica.com/lists/RBWlist/read

e-RICHIE

dbrk
02-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Unless you already have access the link to the list won't let you subscribe. It's sort of a Catch-22, methinks.

dbrk
feeling darn left out, I'll tell ya'...

Carlo
02-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Its allowed me to subscribe to Topica, but denies my access to the RBW site.

And to think, I've got two Rivs, and an Atlantis!

I wanna join, I wanna!!!

Carlo Carr
New Orleans

It's gettin' hard to please 'em
You start to feel the rub
You know it isn't easy
Well, welcome to the club
--Joe Walsh

dbrk
02-27-2004, 08:07 PM
I've the exact same problem as Carlo.

Carlo, you never cease to amaze me: January 4, 1643-July 4, 1826...you got it. List forthcoming.
You want the Asian titles too for the top 100? I usually make two lists, one East, one West.

dbrk
not sure how many Rivendells but apparently not enough to let me subscribe to this RBWList...darn.

IFRider
02-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by dbrk
I've the exact same problem as Carlo.

Carlo, you never cease to amaze me: January 4, 1643-July 4, 1826...you got it. List forthcoming.
You want the Asian titles too for the top 100? I usually make two lists, one East, one West.

dbrk
not sure how many Rivendells but apparently not enough to let me subscribe to this RBWList...darn.

Topica subscription is the most un-user friendly process I have encountered in a long time. I got it to work. Basically. follow the link from Riv to the Topica website. Create a login profile. Subscribe to the list by sending email. Then confirm you email susbscription. Then you can log in and see the past messages. Nothing like what I read on the Riv site.

Warren

dbrk
02-27-2004, 09:55 PM
I've tried the profile, the sending of the subscription message, I've even read all the instructions. I give up.

dbrk

Ray
02-28-2004, 06:14 AM
I guess that makes 5? I've gotten so far as to sign up and get a FOLLOW UP message reminding me to confirm, but I've never gotten the confirmation message that I can use to confirm, although they insist they've sent it to me. If they're gonna make it this hard to subscribe, I don't think I wanna.

Two Rivs, a Rambouillet, and a Bridgestone, and have owned and sold one other Riv and two Herons. Maybe it's punishment for having SOLD Riv related products in the past. That would more than explain Douglas's problem, since he's sold more than anyone other than, possibly (and even this is a longshot), Riv themselves :)

-Ray