PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong as Defendant in Civil Cases?

Vientomas
10-12-2012, 09:59 PM
On Friday, Jeffrey M. Tillotson, a lawyer in Dallas who represents SCA, said his client would attempt to regain the $7.5 million plus interest. “He basically said that we were scum and how dare we criticize him,” Tillotson said. “So there is some measure of relief that we can now say that he didn’t get away with it forever and, by the way, ‘You owe us $7.5 million.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/13/sports/cycling/usadas-report-could-create-new-legal-issues-for-lance-armstrong.html?_r=1

and;

London's Sunday Times said it may take legal action against cyclist Lance Armstrong, including pursuing him for alleged fraud over a libel settlement, in the wake of the United States Anti-Doping Agency's report labeling him a drug cheat.

The newspaper, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp , is "considering taking action to recover the money spent on a libel case he (Armstrong) brought and to pursue him for fraud," said a Sunday Times spokeswoman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/lance-armstrong-sunday-times_n_1962965.html

tuxbailey
10-12-2012, 10:04 PM
It is just the beginning. LA's lawyers are going to be rich defending him.

I wonder if he might end up in bankruptcy because I can't imagine that these will be the only lawsuits.

djg21
10-12-2012, 10:32 PM

I wonder if he might end up in bankruptcy because I can't imagine that these will be the only lawsuits.

Only for so long as Lance can pay the bills. At this point, I'd think that his lawyers are paid to make his money as judgment proof as possible. Much of it probably is in the Caymans along with Mitt's money.

binxnyrwarrsoul
10-13-2012, 08:28 AM
"Tillotson, the insurance company’s lawyer, made a similar observation. “You have to wonder: is every person in the world lying about Lance?” Tillotson said."

Good point.

Uncle Jam's Army
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM

Bankruptcy won't protect LA from suits against him for fraud.

norcalbiker
10-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Only for so long as Lance can pay the bills. At this point, I'd think that his lawyers are paid to make his money as judgment proof as possible. Much of it probably is in the Caymans along with Mitt's money.

Who is Mitt's?

Steelman
10-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Maybe he can bump up the price on those cheezy urine-sample-colored dopestrong wristbands, that might help him.

Nike is still standing behind him. Don't they realize, this is not a Tiger Woods type situation?

Steelman
10-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Who is Mitt's?

Romney.

Tony T
10-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Politics. Well, this thread will be locked soon.

firerescuefin
10-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Romney. Awesome guy who borrowed heavily to purchase US co's, charged them steep management fees, outsourced the jobs to red China, then left them bankrupt. Much worse than Armstrong, buy hey, he is white, rich and conservative, almost 50% of the Country loves him.

BLOCKED...take your political bull-**** to your favorite political discussion board. :no:Thanks in advance

Steelman
10-13-2012, 12:04 PM
BLOCKED

Its OK for me.

I was getting tired of your private messages with romantic undertones.

firerescuefin
10-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Its OK for me.

I was getting tired of your private messages with romantic undertones.

You must have me mixed up with someone else...I only hit on dudes that ride Carbon:cool:

BumbleBeeDave
10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
. . or steel or cardboard, guys, lay off the personal attacks and the allusions to partisan politics or this one will get the big lockeroo--AND I'll hand out a few timeouts.

Go meet offline or in a parking lot somewhere if you want to settle these important personal issues. This is cabin fever type stuff I expect to see in late Ferbruary, not now . . .

BBD

beungood
10-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Waste of time money and energy. Stripping the guy of a title and giving it to someone who was also using drugs. Nice use of time.

Rueda Tropical
10-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Waste of time money and energy. Stripping the guy of a title and giving it to someone who was also using drugs. Nice use of time.

No one will be getting the titles both the French Federation and the TdF have said that there will be no winners. As they all cheated and perverted the purpose of the event that is the proper result.