PDA

View Full Version : rapha jersey material

vqdriver
10-12-2012, 04:05 PM
i have a country jersey which i really like but i wasn't expecting the fabric to be as heavy as it is. it's got a substantial feel to it, but is too warm for most of the year here in socal. i've also noticed that their classic jersey is the exact opposite, very thin and lightweight, what i would expect from a summer jersey. i suspect their super lightweight jersey is even, you know, lighter.

can someone chime in with how the club jersey fits in this scenario? hopefully it's somewhere in between. closest retailer is not exactly closeby so window shopping isn't my first option.

christian
10-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Club is heavy. Not good for >82d F.

MattTuck
10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
it's got a substantial feel to it, but is too warm for most of the year here in socal.

We're not too far from the part of the year when questions like this draw envious thoughts from us in Northern climes. Beware snowballs ;) :fight:

Lovetoclimb
10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Club is heavy. Not good for >82d F.

+1, and with a quarter zip you can not get as much air flow. Also it is noticeably less slim fitting than the country or lightweight jerseys. I sized down to a small just to get a decent fit, when normally a medium is perfect in all of their other tops for me.

vqdriver
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
We're not too far from the part of the year when questions like this draw envious thoughts from us in Northern climes. Beware snowballs ;) :fight:

hehe
it's a frigid 68* today with showers on and off :eek:
and yes, we're on "storm watch 2012"

jpw
10-13-2012, 04:39 AM
+1, and with a quarter zip you can not get as much air flow. Also it is noticeably less slim fitting than the country or lightweight jerseys. I sized down to a small just to get a decent fit, when normally a medium is perfect in all of their other tops for me.

full zip is always a better fit. 1/4 zip has to get over the head and shoulders, hence a looser cut.