PDA

View Full Version : Bruyneel Poisoned Frank Schleck?

jpw
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
http://road.cc/content/news/68856-updated-fabian-cancellara-i-dont-know-if-i-can-work-johan-bruyneel-again-lequipe

Speculative, but... wow.

phcollard
10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Jeez this whole thing is getting worse every minute.

bikerboy337
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
that was floated at the time he tested positive... I remember reading that Frank said there is no way he should have tested positive and that someone must have tampered with his sample, or his food/drink... it was then discussed that Johan might have been involved due to a lot of the issues that were going on...

jimcav
10-12-2012, 12:40 PM
sweep the knee

hairylegs
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
kinda silly, right?

Elefantino
10-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Ban him for life. :banana:

David Kirk
10-12-2012, 01:02 PM
sweep the knee

***** that is funny.

Dave

weiwentg
10-12-2012, 01:12 PM
well, I checked and xipamide is administered in tablet form. It could be that Bruyneel crushed one and put it in Schleck's post-ride drink. He wouldn't notice it. Probably some would make its way into his bloodstream and show up as a low dose. (Not a MD, RN or pharmacist, though.) So the poisoning theory is not impossible.

But what about motive? There were tensions, but it's not like Schleck accused Lance of doping.

William
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
sweep the knee

http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bodybag16lo.jpg?w=406

That got an LOL!:)

William

christian
10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
But what about motive?It was generally public knowledge (hell, I knew) that the Schlecks were looking to leave RSNT and form a new team with a German backing sponsor. I'd suggest that Bruyneel would be better positioned to know about that then me. Even though I am pretty plugged in, having a login across the hall, and all that.

54ny77
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
that is positively insane if so (deliberate doping to sabotage his career). i mean, really? that's nuts. beyond nuts.

oh wait, he already did something like that before (telling the uci to go after tyler and landis). :eek: :bike:

ya can't make this ^$#! up.

MattTuck
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
You couldn't make this up if you tried.

weiwentg
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
that is positively insane if so (deliberate doping to sabotage his career). i mean, really? that's nuts. beyond nuts.

oh wait, he already did something like that before (telling the uci to go after tyler and landis). :eek: :bike:

ya can't make this ^$#! up.

Lance allegedly told the UCI.

I say allegedly because none of the affidavits seem to back that claim up (although Zabriskie or someone else said that Lance was on a first name basis with Hein Verbruggen). I mean, it sounds like him, but can't say for sure.

CunegoFan
10-12-2012, 02:26 PM
There were lots of rumors that Landis was set up to damage the ASO, which was in a struggle with the UCI at the time and along with RAI and Unipublic was looking into a race series separate from the UCI. Landis still says he was not using testosterone during the 2006 TdF.

I have my doubts about Bruyneel spiking Schleck's food or water or whatever. The RSNT team has had a series of financial problems. Bruyneel is (was!) on a consulting contract at 150K/month. I don't see why he would risk causing the team and potentially himself even more problems. The Schleck's have become jokes anyway. The team could have spent the money on a GC contender with some guts.

earlfoss
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Whether Frank did or didn't do it maybe this is a little karma coming back around for his involvement in Puerto..

GregL
10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Some of the most amazing revelations from the USADA files are who was involved (nearly everyone in pro cycling, including the spouses/significant others) and the Machiavellian levels of the conspiracies. I feel like I'm reading the script from the Godfather, with Armstrong as Michael Corleone...

- Greg

jimcav
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Landis still says he was not using testosterone during the 2006 TdF..

I think he blood doped in the 2006 TdF with a bag that had traces from earlier in the season! Same with Contador and Clen...

CunegoFan
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
I think he blood doped in the 2006 TdF with a bag that had traces from earlier in the season! Same with Contador and Clen...

That is a common theory but it does not match the evidence. The USADA tested Landis' B samples from the 2006 Tour and found other positives for testosterone.

The most likely explanations are that he was unknowingly using testosterone during the TdF, perhaps with a tainted recovery product like HGH, or he lied about the testosterone use to try to protect himself from a fraud suit.

Charles M
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
You don't get the big ratio Floyd had via residue...