PDA

View Full Version : cyclingNews: Bruyneel could be sacked as early as today

BumbleBeeDave
10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-bruyneel-could-be-sacked-today

He also needs to be banned for life, IMHO. One of the kingpins along with Lance . . .

BBD

oldpotatoe
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-bruyneel-could-be-sacked-today

He also needs to be banned for life, IMHO. One of the kingpins along with Lance . . .

BBD

He needs to be tried in Belgium...Maybe find the meaning of love in a Belgium prison.

Elefantino
10-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Yay.

ultraman6970
10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
He's gonna have to confess at some point. IMPO, if JB sings it all, that will be day maybe the justice will be able to take LA to the bucket, or maybe will be day we wont see LA again... the thing is way too big and who knows what he will do now...

laupsi
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
London Bridge is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down...

Climb01742
10-12-2012, 09:59 AM
it would be good if someone higher up the doping food chain was held to account, someone beyond just the riders. JB certainly profited from postal doping.

Rueda Tropical
10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/david-millar-calls-on-verbruggen-to-step-down-from-uci

Vaughters says USADA's investigation is a catalyst for change

David Millar has called for the UCI’s honorary President Hein Verbruggen to step down in light of the damning evidence collected by USADA in the investigation into Lance Armstrong and the US Postal and Discovery cycling teams.

What ever you think of Millar and Vaughters they would not have dared to make these statements not to long ago. I expect to see a lot more of this. Its not going to be enough to throw Lance and company overboard. I think Hein and Pat are not going to be able to distance themselves from LA and may get dragged over the side with him.

christian
10-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I think Hein and Pat are not going to be able to distance themselves from LA and may get dragged over the side with him.Hope springs eternal, but I'm not sure. The Hein email to Landis really indicated to me the depth of the venality and complicity of the UCI.

whforrest
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm thinking of titles for Johan's new book. "you might as well dope."

Happy to see that other cyclist's are speaking up. At this point. perhaps amnesty for riders and accountability for team directors, doctors, uci, etc.

i used to love nike................not any more, and what can you say about trek?

djg21
10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm thinking of titles for Johan's new book. "you might as well dope."

Happy to see that other cyclist's are speaking up. At this point. perhaps amnesty for riders and accountability for team directors, doctors, uci, etc.

i used to love nike................not any more, and what can you say about trek?

The advertising slogan "Just do it!" has taken on a whole new meaning. Maybe a Saturday Night Live faux commercial?

bigreen505
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Hmm, great idea but it does bring up some issues of morality. I think JB and Ferrari should co-author a book that details everything they know about doping. They don't have to name names, just science and techniques. Get everything out in the open. I would buy that. However, we all know LA can pay to keep everyone quiet.

whforrest
10-12-2012, 11:23 AM
The advertising slogan "Just do it!" has taken on a whole new meaning. Maybe a Saturday Night Live faux commercial?

I agree.................what about all those nike commercials turned Lance's doping denials into a global marketing campaign?

"What am I on, I'm on my bike 5 hours a day. What are you on?"

whforrest
10-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Now that we have moved from accusations to grounded in reality. I think we start shifting our attention on moving forward. If we create amnesty than everyone can come forward who chooses. Just blow it all up. I have mixed feelings that characters like RIIS are still running teams. I think Bruyneel will be gone pretty quickly. I like the idea of severe criminal penalties for doctors who are proven to supply and administer PEDS. Lemond suggested small bans for riders who provide supplier information. Second time offense perhaps your gone. Let's get rid of these oxygen drugs once and for all. Measure closely power watt outputs.

firerescuefin
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/news/cancellara-hints-that-bruyneel-leopard-split-may-be-imminent_260755

Hawker
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree.................what about all those nike commercials turned Lance's doping denials into a global marketing campaign?

Gulp. That IS a bit embarrassing isn't it?

bheight1
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I read in one of the affidavits, maybe Dave Z or CVV, that one of them didnt shoot all of the cortisone, so Bruyneel injected himself with the remaining ampule--did I misunderstand, if not why would JB inject himself to gain what kind of a buzz?

firerescuefin
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Gulp. That IS a bit embarrassing isn't it?

The end of those commercials should have sounded like the pharma commercials that list the fifty side effects of being on........your bike five hours a day:rolleyes:

jr59
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Does anyone really think new leadership will change anything? Really?

All of this is distasteful at best. Yet I don't/won't see any change at all.

jpw
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
He needs to be tried in Belgium...Maybe find the meaning of love in a Belgium prison.

That would be just so sweet.

jpw
10-12-2012, 12:14 PM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/news/cancellara-hints-that-bruyneel-leopard-split-may-be-imminent_260755

Terrific news.

slidey
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
5-hour energy :banana: