PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale customer service is great !

Bruce K
10-12-2012, 04:49 AM
I had my Super-X cross bike (a 2011 - 2012 leftover) into the LBS on Monday to have the rear derailleur hanger replaced and we noticed a small chip in the seat tube paint. It turned out to be a crack that went all the way through.

The LBS e-mailed pictures that afternoon to Cannondale.

The new frame will be here Monday or Tuesday. Word is it may be a 2012 - 2013. And no, I didn't try to upgrade to discs. :rolleyes:

I don't think you could ask for better service than that.

BK

christian
10-12-2012, 06:34 AM
That's nice, but the number of people who get cracks in these frames seems to be high. How many races on it? Are you hard on equipment, generally?

Are you out the money to swap the parts, or will Cannondale pay the LBS to do that?

oldpotatoe
10-12-2012, 07:41 AM
That's nice, but the number of people who get cracks in these frames seems to be high. How many races on it? Are you hard on equipment, generally?

Are you out the money to swap the parts, or will Cannondale pay the LBS to do that?

I think it's great that Cannondale will warranty a frame that's less than 2 years old BUT I think the best warranty is the one that is never needed.

I see few warranty claims these days with our bicycle/frame lineup BUT when we had lots of problems with a certain US carbon frame maker, one thing that always ended up in our $lap$ was the time($) to strip and rebuild...Having him pay for shipping didn't quite cover it.

Bruce K
10-12-2012, 12:58 PM
The bike was purchased NIB in August without wheels, tires, or pedsls. It has about 200 total mikes including three races on it.

i weigh 200# right now and I don't consider myself overly hard on equipment

It is costing me zero to get the bike rebuilt

This one cracked at the relief hole for the seat tube slot - a VERY odd place to crack IMHO.

Fortunately I don't "need" the bike this week.

BK