PDA

View Full Version : Value of a 2003 Litespeed Vortex?

DRZRM
10-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Buddy of mine has a 2003 57 Vortex and he wants a cross frame. Low miles but likely been bumped around his basement for a few years. I generally assume ti is all but worthless for resale, but folks liked this frame right? Thoughts?

Thanks

rbtmcardle
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I loved mine.. Sold it to Ari and last I heard his friend is still racing/riding it.. I would buy one back in a heartbeat but in the 55 size.. Mine was an 03 as well.

DRZRM
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Wait Ari? Hmmm, on top of everything else, my boy John doesn't remember what sized bike he is riding, cause that one is yours. If you are actually interested, drop me a PM, we can get it home for you. Heck, it's in Brooklyn, you can drive over and get it...he'd probably deliver it.

T.J.
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
i would pick one up just for winter riding

rbtmcardle
10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Wait Ari? Hmmm, on top of everything else, my boy John doesn't remember what sized bike he is riding, cause that one is yours. If you are actually interested, drop me a PM, we can get it home for you. Heck, it's in Brooklyn, you can drive over and get it...he'd probably deliver it.

Yep, was just looking thru the 03 catalog and invoice the other day.. Not sure why I still have it but I have all the receipts for the complete bike I bought and the 10 sp DA group I put on it.

I will send you a pm

DRZRM
10-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Well, if rbtmcardle doesn't want it, it will likely make it over to the classifieds here. Still don't know what if fair asking price. To be honest, it has hardly been ridden, either by Ari or John.

Fishbike
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Among bike folks I think Ti still has a lot of allure and respectable value. A 10-yr old Ti frame in good condition is desirable to a lot of people. It won't command the same price as new, but I believe there is a solid market for these solid bikes.

bigreen505
10-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Do a search on ebay for completed auctions. Throw out the outliers. The Vortex would still make a great crit frame -- quick and durable.

djg21
10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Do a search on ebay for completed auctions. Throw out the outliers. The Vortex would still make a great crit frame -- quick and durable.

The Vortex is a great bike. I sold a Vortex frame in 2008 that had been fully refurbished to new condition, with the fork for $1200.

I'd think that you could get around $800+ for the frame/fork if in good condition. I second that you can look for completed transactions on Ebay to see what the frames are selling for.