PDA

View Full Version : Local Cargo Bike Mfgs and my friend make front page SF Chron Business section

pdmtong
10-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Over the past two years I have started seeing more xtracycle cargo bikes around, and earlier in the summer my friend Jim introduced me to the ultimate...the Yuba "mundo". These longtail bikes haul cargo and kids and ride pretty much like a normal bike (not like a tandem). One day I will have one. Perfect urban town runner (currently making do with a belt drive SS and blackburn rack)

So this morning I am reading the paper (yes, we still get a paper) and there is Jim and trudi on the front page. His converted Klein is a marvel of various things...from the washington-built klein itself to the brooks saddle to the various straps and tie downs he's built front and rear to haul $hit everywhere, not to mention the dog.

Before you think otherwise, his other ride is the most bad-a$$ custom ti crown jewel on the planet - slameed 130 says pro fit all the way.

bikes on the front page. my friedn on the front page. nice!

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Cargo-bikes-carry-larger-loads-3936796.php