PDA

View Full Version : Floyd was the biggest pusher

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 11:20 AM
After reading the affidavits it seems to me that Floyd was doing more to encourage doping then even Lance. Complete Scumbag!

false_Aest
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
yawn.

tiretrax
10-11-2012, 12:54 PM
That accounts for why no one wanted to pick him up in 2008. His only hope for earning a good living is to get the share of any taxpayer funds clawed back by the feds.

fiamme red
10-11-2012, 12:55 PM
After reading the affidavits it seems to me that Floyd was doing more to encourage doping then even Lance. Complete Scumbag!Can you give some references?

I just started reading the affidavits and all I've seen so far is this (in Michael Barry's): "David Zabriskie told me about a time Floyd Landis had to babysit bags of Lance Armstrong's blood while Lance was out of town to make sure the blood did not go bad."

laupsi
10-11-2012, 01:06 PM
After reading the affidavits it seems to me that Floyd was doing more to encourage doping then even Lance. Complete Scumbag!

gotta speak out on this one.

Your thread deserves a big no comment, not even a look :mad:

merlincustom1
10-11-2012, 03:32 PM

I haven't read them all yet. Which ones are you referring to?

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 03:55 PM
I haven't read them all yet. Which ones are you referring to?

I guess I will have to go back and reread them but I'm thinking it was Levi, DZ, and M Barry referred to him quite a bit.

After reading them I just came away with the feeling that he had been mentioned even more than Lance.

fiamme red
10-11-2012, 03:59 PM
After reading them I just came away with the feeling that he had been mentioned even more than Lance.Can you show one instance where Floyd is referred to as encouraging doping?

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Can you show one instance where Floyd is referred to as encouraging doping?

Line 58 of the DZ affidavit

"I went to Floyd's house for Christmas and New Years in December of 2005. Floyd convinced me to try growth hormone...."

Line 57 of the Mike Barry affidavit

"In 2003 I obtained EPO from Dr. del Moral, Pepe Marti, Floyd Landis and..."

Line 64 of the Levi affidavit

"....Floyd suggested that I contact Dr. del Moral,..........he thought Dr. del Moral would assist me with a blood doping program.

PQJ
10-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm also curious to know why you think Floyd was a pusher.

Whatever your feelings about him, he's the reason for the lid being blown wide open, and I tip my hat to him for that. Wonder if Armstrong ever thinks to himself "damn, and if I'd just've given that guy a shot at a spot on my team"?

cmg
10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
where are you reading the affidavits?

PQJ
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Line 58 of the DZ affidavit, reimagined for the film:

"I went to Floyd's house for Christmas and New Years in December of 2005. Floyd convinced me to try growth hormone. And after I'd done EPO, transfused my own blood, testosterone, actovegin, MDMA, etc., I figured it couldn't hurt. Floyd and I then ripped a huge tube of the kindest buds I'd ever seen. Man, that was a smokin' time."

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
where are you reading the affidavits?

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

go to the "Appendices and Supporting Materials" tab

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm also curious to know why you think Floyd was a pusher.

Whatever your feelings about him, he's the reason for the lid being blown wide open, and I tip my hat to him for that. Wonder if Armstrong ever thinks to himself "damn, and if I'd just've given that guy a shot at a spot on my team"?

Let me clarify by saying that it sounds to me like every single veteran in the peloton was helping the younger generation get on the program. Floyd and Lance were not alone.

I did not (and will not) do a count of how many times each rider was mentioned in an affidavit in regards to helping another rider dope, but it seems to me that Floyd was mentioned quite a bit.

Tony T
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
When the USADA said (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-questions-usada-on-armstrong-file-delay) "...its decision has been delayed because it is continuing to gather evidence and that it has yet to complete its case file.", did anyone think that they were referring to getting the signed Affidavits? (i.e. Landis, Hamilton, Hincapie 2 weeks ago, O'Reilly dtd 2 days ago).

Yes, I know, it doesn't mean anything that the USADA issued their sanction before they had signed affidavits, but I would have expected the USADA to be more organized than this.

Vientomas
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Let me clarify by saying that it sounds to me like every single veteran in the peloton was helping the younger generation get on the program. Floyd and Lance were not alone.

I did not (and will not) do a count of how many times each rider was mentioned in an affidavit in regards to helping another rider dope, but it seems to me that Floyd was mentioned quite a bit.

I think he was just very sociable. ;)

John H.
10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
How about the email in the affidavit where Floyd said that Allen Lim helped him and Levi with blood transfusions in 2005?

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
gotta speak out on this one.

Your thread deserves a big no comment, not even a look :mad:

Let me get this right, you are compelled to make a post declaring another post not worthy of comment?

That must of really put you in a bind figuring out how to handle that one.

coylifut
10-11-2012, 10:32 PM

so are you saying Lance and Landis are both scumbags,but Landis is more of a scumbag?

G-Reg
10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
so are you saying Lance and Landis are both scumbags,but Landis is more of a scumbag?

I'm saying they both are complete scumbags.

coylifut
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Lance would eff your girl friend, drink all your beer and stink up your bathroom. Landis would share his last dime bag of heroin with you.

I personally know of one guy who's gone to europe and returned un scathed. The rest of them and have come back beat, broken, tired, injured and bitter. They've endured amphetamine suppositories and repetitive cortisone injections. Given their age, I'd classify it as child abuse.

Look, you have the the right to think of these guys anyway you want, but if they were my brothers, children, friends, it wouldn't be that hard for me to empathize with the very difficult choices they made and hope they find serenity.

dancinkozmo
10-12-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm saying they both are complete scumbags.

I feel like a scumbag for being dumb enough to read this thread.

ksvb5368
10-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I think in a couple of years most of this will be forgotten about, the only difference if it's lance that will still be regarded as a cheat and the others will be forgiven. I think that process has already begun.

Black Dog
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I think in a couple of years most of this will be forgotten about, the only difference if it's lance that will still be regarded as a cheat and the others will be forgiven. I think that process has already begun.

Yea that is exactly what is going on...not.

Seriously. Have you failed to see the one tiny and very subtle difference. Every one else has admitted that they doped. Lance has not. Forgiveness usually follows an admission and apology, not the other way around.

Also, who is forgiving who. I am not sure that you have any real data that suggests what percentage of folks are forgiving or not forgiving.

Lance is not a victim.

T.J.
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Look, you have the the right to think of these guys anyway you want, but if they were my brothers, children, friends, it wouldn't be that hard for me to empathize with the very difficult choices they made and hope they find serenity.

worth quoting

William
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
worth quoting

True. Not many of us understand the pressure and dedication of getting to that point in a career, and then having to make that choice.

William