PDA

View Full Version : Betsy Andreu “I shouldn’t have to justify why I told the truth.

William
10-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Interesting Pod cast on Tour Chats with Betsy Andreu....

“I shouldn’t have to justify why I told the truth. Someone else’s guilt shouldn’t be a reason for me to shut up. Until the truth is told, you’re not even dealing with reality. A lot of people have a lot invested in not having the truth revealed. The scope of the people dependent on the myth and making money off the myth has made it harder to expose the myth.” – Bicycling.com

http://tourchats.com/2012/09/show-44-betsy-andreu/

William

Elefantino
10-11-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm sure most people look at her and Emma O'Reilly a lot different now.

Fixed
10-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Anyone remember the t.v. Show .. I 've got a secret ?
Cheers :bike:

Rueda Tropical
10-11-2012, 07:19 AM

Amazing how people who do the right thing are slandered and vilified to protect scumbags. Anything to protect the money train.

Vientomas
10-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Welcome to the new morality.

William
10-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Amazing how people who do the right thing are slandered and vilified to protect scumbags. Anything to protect the money train.

This^^^

Reminds me of what bobswire posted in the Levi thread...

Let's not stop there, the sponsors should give back all proceeds from sales as well as TV and Internet sales received by ASO,Giro, Vuelta etc, etc. .
Everybody had a hand in this, just blaming the riders is B/S. and you guys should know better. Meanwhile the makers ,sellers and pushers are still in business.
Kinda like blaming me for the Vietnam fiasco because I volunteered and served there.

Its kind of like blaming the horses in the Kentucky Derby for having PED's in their system. The Circus/"Myth" is supported and run from higher up. The riders have to dope to be competitive to keep the "myth" exciting for sponsors and ratings (=$$$$), and take the fall if they get caught. Keep your mouth shut. Take your fine and suspension, then your back in. Tyler and Floyd upset the apple cart with their denials and fights to maintain their charade of innocence. LA, not one wanting to be a mere rider got in with the upper management to be part of running the show/myth/circus. Throwing riders, wives of riders, and hired hands under the bus for speaking out about what went on behind the curtain was SOP. It would have stayed that way but it appears that a certain individual attracted too much attention by throwing so many folks under the bus when he was done with them that they would eventually turn over. That and the eventual catching up of medical testing techniques and stored samples.

But that is just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.;)

William

54ny77
10-11-2012, 08:31 AM
betsy rocks.

read hincapie's affidavit for ripping frankie an a-hole about letting his wife do a lot of talkin'. he basically told him to shut her up (red the email exchange between he & frankie). yeah, great ol' george, peloton favorite all around good guy. yeah, right...

one can only wonder if he has the morality to apologize to frankie and betsy now?

can't even begin to imagine how much crap frankie & betsy have been through all these years.

binxnyrwarrsoul
10-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Balls the size of watermelons.

FlashUNC
10-11-2012, 08:34 AM
betsy rocks.

read hincapie's affidavit for ripping frankie an a-hole about letting his wife do a lot of talkin'. he basically told him to shut her up (red the email exchange between he & frankie). yeah, great ol' george, peloton favorite all around good guy. yeah, right...

one can only wonder if he has the morality to apologize to frankie and betsy now?

can't even begin to imagine how much crap frankie & betsy have been through all these years.

It even happened this year, with Frankie's Team Kenda/5-Hour Energy getting frozen out of some of the major U.S. stage races due to Lance politics, despite being one of the best domestic squads.

Just ridiculous.

tiretrax
10-11-2012, 08:36 AM

That explains his haggarad look. I met him and talked with him for 15 minutes a few years ago. Very nice guy.

witcombusa
10-11-2012, 08:43 AM

You are assuming that people thought they weren't telling the whole truth.

I never doubted a word of what Betsy claimed

Ahneida Ride
10-11-2012, 08:47 AM

Follow the frn ! :rolleyes:

tuxbailey
10-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I wonder if they will sue the people who vilified her all this time? Specially the one that has the money...

54ny77
10-11-2012, 08:59 AM
What happened there? Hadn't heard that.

There's only so much personal bandwidth to absorb bike news....I try to read alot, but in doses....;)

It even happened this year, with Frankie's Team Kenda/5-Hour Energy getting frozen out of some of the major U.S. stage races due to Lance politics, despite being one of the best domestic squads.

Just ridiculous.

FlashUNC
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
What happened there? Hadn't heard that.

There's only so much personal bandwidth to absorb bike news....I try to read alot, but in doses....;)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kenda-5-hour-energy-furious-at-us-race-snubs

Notice some of the names involved on the other side of the table from Frankie's team....Kevin Livingston and a bunch of folks with ties to Lance & Co.

Elefantino
10-11-2012, 09:17 AM
You are assuming that people thought they weren't telling the whole truth.

I never doubted a word of what Betsy claimed

I said "most people" ... not us smart ones! ;)

Rueda Tropical
10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the new morality.

Sadly there is nothing new about the morality. It's been the rule for recorded human history. Those with the gold make the rules.

I'll bet the gnomes at UCI central are lining up behind the "it all ended in 2006" meme. Yes Riis, Bruyneel, Vino and the rest of team management all just decided they had enough of doping and turned over a new leaf back in '06. They did it for the children. Maybe they can start an anti-doping foundation to show how righteous they are. Call it Live Strong... oh wait - that name is taken...

The fact that they found plasticizers in Contador's blood leads me to believe only the methods have changed. The UCI is figuring out right now how they can limit the damage and get back to business as usual. Blame it all on Armstrong. They figure he'll deny everything until his grave so there is little chance of Lance ratting out the head rats.

Makes me want to puke. I'd would have loved to see incredible talents like Ullrich, Contador and Vino in a clean race instead of the cartoon dope fueled spectacles blood doping gave us.

lhuerta
10-11-2012, 09:47 AM
read hincapie's affidavit for ripping frankie an a-hole about letting his wife do a lot of talkin'. .

What page is the Hincapie affidavit on...I can't seem to find it in the Reasoned Decision doc?
Thanks,
Lou

christian
10-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Lou,

Hincapie affidavit is at: http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Hincapie%2c+George+Affidavit.pdf

but the referenced email is an appendix to the Andreu affidavit.

lhuerta
10-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks Christian...I missed the TABS to the the supplemental materials on the USADA site.
Happy reading.
Lou

wasfast
10-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I listened to her interview on Competitor Radio a couple years back. She's a pistol for sure. I also felt she was telling the truth. She's not intimidated by Lance either......big pair!

http://competitorradio.competitor.com/2007/07/152betsy-andreu/

PS. That was more than a few years back, 2007