PDA

View Full Version : Walsh on Armstrong, the USADA report, and the UCI

BumbleBeeDave
10-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Good stuff . . .

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/walsh-usada-decision-convincing-and-comprehensive

On McQuaid and Verbruggen . . .

“They shouldn’t be taking a law suit out against Paul Kimmage, they should be apologizing to Paul Kimmage and to all the riders who were completely screwed by a doping culture. Riders who didn’t want to dope, who got out the sport, some who even stayed in and got absolutely hammered on the roads because they were at such a disadvantage because they wouldn’t dope. Why doesn’t the UCI talk about those guys and make an apology to those guys because that’s the very least they could do for the riders who had their careers taken away from them by cheats and those riders who were very well in with the authorities and by that I’m talking about Lance Armstrong. No one was better in with the authorities or a friend to the leadership of the UCI at that time than Lance Armstrong.”

BBD

laupsi
10-11-2012, 07:56 AM
We only need one more thing to occur; for LA to succumb to the pressure, then and only then could we say this was written as a classic Shakespeare tragedy.

palincss
10-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't he have to die for that to be the case?

christian
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
"I repeat again: Lance Armstrong has never used doping. Never, never, never."
- Hein Verbruggen.

Oh yeah, Hein, for the record, you're full of sh*t and no better than Khaddafi.

Vientomas
10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
"I repeat again: Lance Armstrong has never used doping. Never, never, never."
- Hein Verbruggen.

Oh, but haven't you heard? Hein never said that: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/verbruggen-on-armstrong-we-did-not-hide-anything-ever

He also denies uttering the words reported on Cyclingnews and in the USADA reasoned decision: "I repeat again: Lance Armstrong
has never used doping. Never, never, never."

[The original report came from the Dutch news outlet AD.nl - his exact words were, "Lance Armstrong heeft nooit doping gebruikt. Nooit, nooit, nooit."]

christian
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Right, sorry.

"Lance Armstrong heeft nooit doping gebruikt. Nooit, nooit, nooit." - Hein Verbruggen.

Vientomas
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Babylon Dutch to English translator:

Lance Armstrong heeft nooit doping gebruikt. Nooit, nooit, nooit.

Lance Armstrong has never used drugs. Never, never, never.