PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Campagnolo Small Parts

CDollarsign
10-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Ive got a first gen campy Athena 7speed group. I've taken it off a bike and noticed there's a rear dérailleur 'stop' that is cracked. It looks like a ring with 4 teeth which go into the the derailleur body to make it adjustable. In the effort to not have to purchase a new one where could I find just that little part? Thanks in advance, I'll post pics tonight...

merlincustom1
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Old Potato's shop, Vecchios in Boulder, is a great source for Campy small parts. He took care of me with some old freehub body parts and a hub lockring recently.

CDollarsign
10-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Does anyone have the exploded view of the rear Athena dérailleur from 1988?

CDollarsign
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
This is it. It can be viewed here in the last photo...

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=61b0737f-8be5-4fb9-a00b-a8860b84af7d&Enum=108

oliver1850
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Commonly cracked part, but the RD may function OK even with the damage, as the part fits closely inside the pocket in the RD and it may still effectively limit movement.

The part is listed in the catalog as "upper body bush" and the part number is 7116112.

Part is the same on Xenon, so keep your eye out for cheap, beat Xenon RDs on ebay.

I need one too if you find a source.

CDollarsign
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Awesome, thanks. Seems like its a hard to find part by a quick google search...

oldpotatoe
10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Commonly cracked part, but the RD may function OK even with the damage, as the part fits closely inside the pocket in the RD and it may still effectively limit movement.

The part is listed in the catalog as "upper body bush" and the part number is 7116112.

Part is the same on Xenon, so keep your eye out for cheap, beat Xenon RDs on ebay.

Also on Triomphe, Victory, others. I have a complete New Victory RD with one but don't want to strip it.

Also have Xenon on my wet weather Moots but.....

Andy Muzi has 2 at his shop in Madison, Yellow jersey but $59 per, yowser..

My 2 main Campagnolo suppliers are outta of them.

CDollarsign
10-11-2012, 01:43 PM

I just bought a really nice shape Triomphe derailleur off ebay for 40 bucks. I would suggest looking there. Seems like Triomphe and Victory are the cheaper ways to go. Hopefully I can sell the rest of the derailleur for parts...