PDA

View Full Version : 3 Passonis taking a break

velotel
10-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Recently there was a post by someone asking about Passoni bikes. I’d heard of them but had never seen one, just photos. Sunday I’m on the Col des Aravis (by car, not bike) and after lunch on the col I’m wandering around shooting some pics. Notice some bikes clumped together. Tubing looks like ti. Walk over and lo and behold I’m looking at three Passonis, all different. One what I would call a classic ti frame, one with carbon tubes and ti lugs, and one with a triangular down tube that I assume was ti. Even the forks had Passoni on them though whether they were fabricated by Passoni or not I have no idea. No one was around and no one came wandering over with a possessive glint in the eyes as I was shooting so I was unable to ask any questions.

Normally I wouldn’t even have bothered shooting any pics of the bikes since I’m not a tech head but I remembered the post and thought some people might like to see the bikes. Et viola the pictures plus a few for those who have never heard of the Col des Aravis or never seen any pics from there. Gorgeous place and an excellent ride. The TdF crosses it somewhat regularly. A year or so ago I did a fine loop up from Ugine to Flumet, over Aravis, down towards la Clusaz, left and over the Col de la Croix Fry, and finally over Col de l’Epine and back to Ugine. Good loop.

jpw
10-08-2012, 03:40 AM
tres expensive, and I don't really understand why that is. I think a Legend is cheaper.

spacemen3
10-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Cool bikes and fantastic scenery. Please tell me those aren't flat pedals on the polished Passoni. :)

oldpotatoe
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Cool bikes and fantastic scenery. Please tell those aren't flat pedals on the polished Passoni. :)

I think it's time for this again..what a hoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thzFwA6fkQs

velotel
10-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Cool bikes and fantastic scenery. Please tell me those aren't flat pedals on the polished Passoni. :)
Perfect proof of how much I'm NOT a tech head; I didn't notice the pedals. I did notice what seemed like an amazingly large and padded saddle on the same bike though. Different strokes.