PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Yankees win, the yankees win!

quattro
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
To all the Yankee fans on the forum, Congratulations on winning the 2012 AL East Crown.

To all the Red Sox fans on the forum, boo-hoo.
Last place finish, 26 games out, worst season since 1965, ouch!

quattro

Dave B
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
We (Sox fans) were trying to get Valentine gone and we succeeded. See we can achieve exactly what we want. ;)

rugbysecondrow
10-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Go O's!!!!!

yankees1
10-04-2012, 09:53 PM
To all the Yankee fans on the forum, Congratulations on winning the 2012 AL East Crown.

To all the Red Sox fans on the forum, boo-hoo.
Last place finish, 26 games out, worst season since 1965, ouch!

quattro

Well said my friend! :p

msl819
10-04-2012, 10:15 PM
We (Sox fans) were trying to get Valentine gone and we succeeded. See we can achieve exactly what we want. ;)

And we unloaded some overpaid aging talent to boot. I have loved the Sox for 3 decades now and and hopeful for where they are pointed... if that includes the exit of Valentine. I never agreed with that hire of the letting go of Francona

msl819
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Well... just saw that management let Valentine go. If they can land a leader who the veterans will get behind they will be back in the mix

bcm119
10-04-2012, 11:04 PM
The yanks are old, overpaid and boring. Check out the A's season for inspiration.

azrider
10-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Only thing worse than a Cowboys fan is a Yankees fan

Go Redbirds!

laupsi
10-05-2012, 08:34 AM
gotta go w/Rugby, the O's are "the" sleeping "wild"card. no one knows how tonight plays out. the fact that the Rangers have the statisical edge only furthers the O's appeal in my book. as for you pain-in-the-@$$ bomber fans, the Orioles are the one team you don't want to face come Sunday.

sc53
10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I would love to see a World Series between the O's and the Nats! Would that be called a subway series? an I-95 series?

quattro
10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
The yanks are old, overpaid and boring. Check out the A's season for inspiration.

Agree with the first two, but not the third. The Yanks are anything but boring. Love what the A's and Baltimore have done this season, very inspiring.
Go Yanks!

ctcyclistbob
10-05-2012, 09:49 AM
- From August of last year until now to go from top to bottom is an amazingly quick dive.
- The Yankees always seem to win. Jeter is the source of the magic, or at least is the glue.
- It's great for the game to have new teams in the mix. O's and Nats in the WS, why not?
- The postseason will be great to watch!

bobswire
10-05-2012, 09:53 AM

If the Giants make it to the World Series the A's are the team I fear the most.
They've got nothing to lose and are playing like it.

oldpotatoe
10-05-2012, 09:58 AM

Sounds like the players succeeded in getting rid of Valentine. Curse of Manny, Francona to Cleveland..maybe..

oldpotatoe
10-05-2012, 09:59 AM

And in first place...even that old fart Jeter had a record setting year....

laupsi
10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Jeter will go down as one of the game's greatest

Dave B
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Sounds like the players succeeded in getting rid of Valentine. Curse of Manny, Francona to Cleveland..maybe..

Yeah I saw Tito might go there. I thought he was a great manager for Boston. He isn't a perfect guy, but now some of the douche bags are gone I think things would be different.

Farrell would be a good fit, kind of like Francona. Tek has been rumored to be a candidate, but I think it is too soon. He has the respect, but he hasn't been gone that long. Would be like the movie Longest yard where Burt Reynolds tries to put himself in at the end. :eek:

Still miss Francona.

quattro
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
What an effort by CC SSabathia tonight. Can't say much about the enemic offense, but hey, Yankees Win, The Yankeesis Win!
Bring on Detroit!
GO YANKS!:banana:

oldpotatoe
10-13-2012, 07:45 AM
What an effort by CC SSabathia tonight. Can't say much about the enemic offense, but hey, Yankees Win, The Yankeesis Win!
Bring on Detroit!
GO YANKS!:banana:

Any time a pitcher can go the distance, it's a great thing to see. Glad Joe let him stay the course after the funky 8th inning..and Granderson, yes he did!

Detroit and NY is gonna be fun.

Matthew
10-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Would love nothing more than the Tigers ending the Yankees season. Again!!

fiamme red
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Five more years on A-Rod's contract, at an average of $22.8 million per year. :crap:

93legendti
10-19-2012, 03:06 PM

Great game yesterday...

veloduffer
10-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Being a lifelong Yankees fans, I'm glad it was quick death. While always hopeful, I didn't think they'd win the Series. The lack of .300 hitters (except Jeter and Cano) dooms them to the HR addiction. And the current hitters are geared toward the Yankee Stadium short porch, much like the Red Sox used to do with Fenway (and look how long it took them to win a World Series).

Like everything else in life, they need better balance. Congrats to the Tigers on a convincing win.

Rada
10-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Quick, but not painless. One of the greatest beat downs ever in post season history!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

ctcyclistbob
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
... Congrats to the Tigers on a convincing win.

It would be great to see Detroit take the World Series. The last 2 series winners are playing for the NL pennant, so let's have somebody new this year.