PDA

View Full Version : No Sweat Detergent

cincytri
10-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Thought I would give a little review of my new find given my limited contributions to the forum. I am a recovering triathlete, but am considering getting back to it after returning to running this spring/summer with much better pain management. As such, I have logged a bunch of miles in my running clothes over the years and recently noticed some not so pleasant smells. I used to use WIN detergent with great success but switched to Tide Sport Wash after sourcing WIN became difficult. For whatever reason, the Tide and recent increased mileage did not mix- a near toxic combination of ammonia and stale febreez. Nearly unbearable...

Enter No Sweat detergent. Ordered it off of Amazon after a search for an alternative to the Tide and it does the trick. I soaked some of the worst shirts and shorts for a couple of hours and the smells are gone. No overbearing perfume or smells, just a clean smell. Been using it for a few weeks and I am sold.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along my experience.

Louis
10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the lead.

I've been using cold water, cold water liquid detergent, Borax laundry booster and long soaks (30-60 min).

jdhansen63
10-03-2012, 04:41 PM
What scent did you use (Free/Citrus/Freesia)?

cincytri
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I went with freesia on a whim. I can tell it has a scent when I sniff the detergent in the bottle, but it I couldn't call it freesia. The washed clothes don't even have a smell that I can detect. Reminds me of Win detergent in a lot of ways. Just a clean, neutral smell.

The only reason I even use a "sports wash" is because I understood that with technical clothing it is better? I'm just glad the sweat and detergent combo smell is gone...

bikerboy337
10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
with powdered Arm and Hammer Free detergent. I read somewhere (bicyling, runners world or something like that), that powdered detergent is better for the synthetic fabrics... i do all my work out clothes in a load and they come out great with no smell or scent... its cheap too... i usually fill with hot water for a mintue or two to get it nice and soapy, then switch to cold, fill and add my clothes...

Louis
10-03-2012, 05:12 PM
i usually fill with hot water for a mintue or two to get it nice and soapy, then switch to cold, fill and add my clothes...

I would do this, but I'm cheap and turn my water heater off during the summer.

PQJ
10-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Definitely going to try this IF it is "HE compatable" - does anyone know? Their website isn't dispositive.

Nelson99
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Good lead. Thanks.