PDA

View Full Version : Colnago to resume production of all steel Master X Light?

Frank
10-09-2005, 12:52 PM
The distributor I bought my NOS Colnago's from tells me he has been told that, after discontinuing the all-steel Master Extra Light in favor of a carbon fiber rear stay version, Colnago has reconsidered their decision and will resume production of an all-steel version along with the carbon fiber rear model. One major difference is I understand the new all-steel master Extra Light will come with a carbon fiber fork, and not the straight blade steel Colnago Precisa steel fork.

My distributor tells me this change of heart from Colnago was due to several things:

1. Many, many contacts from customers (both past, current, and would-be) to Colnago, the Colnago distributor, and shops carrying Colnago products decrying the death of the all-steel Master Extra Light.

2. A knowing from past experience at Colnago that there is a strong segment of riders that want all-steel frames and are willing to pay high-end money for a high-end all-steel frameset.

3. The demand of the Colnago all-steel frames that virtually cleared out their old stock of Colnago steel frames.

4. The market now has fewer high-end all-steel production frames available, which is a niche Colnago intends to fill. Colnago sold well in this area before, and with fewer competitors expects to do even better.

5. A history of strong sales and reputation for their Master Extra Light that has not faded because they have only been out of production for a short time.

Any Colnago dealers on here know if this is a fact? The reasons listed above could very well mirror the Serotta CSi saga...

saab2000
10-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I would consider getting one if it also came with a steel fork.