PDA

View Full Version : Della Santa prices??

CarlosContreros
10-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey All...
There's currently a 65cm Della Santa road bike on e-bay due
to expire in about 7 hours that's going for $199!
Does anyone know what these framesets retail for??

I think the geometry will work for me...
but you have to be cautious because it is "custom"..
therefore built for someone else! :confused:

thanks

dave thompson
10-09-2005, 10:55 AM
When I spoke with Roland Della Santa three years ago, his 'standard' frame was about $1300. I'm sure they are more now.

Ray
10-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I recently sold a 59cm Della Santa built Rivendell frameset for about $800. I would imagine the market for a 65 would be considerably smaller. $199 sounds real low, but I don't think used steel frames, even really nice ones, are bringing a lot these days. No idea what Roland sells new customs for. If it fits and is what you're looking for, I'd jump on it.

-Ray

stackie
10-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Carlos,

Gotta watch giving the auctions away. That bike is just my size, and I've always wanted a Della Santa...

OK, I'm really not going to bid on this since I currently working on other bike projects.

BTW, if it were my bike, I'd call Roland and ask him how much (or little) it would cost to fix that little seatstay cap issue. I'd guess he'd do it for very little, so as not to have a bike with his name on it rolling around like that. Sure, you need to repaint afterwards, but if you keep it simple it won't be that much and you'd have an awesome bike for a steal.

Good luck,

Jon

FlaRider
10-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I paid about Roland Della Santa about $1,600 for a brand-new custom Della Santa about 2 years ago.