PDA

View Full Version : does pegoretti offer an "extended seat-tube option"?

wallymann
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
to better match and balance the aesthetics of his preference for the extended head-tube. i know he calls it a dropped top-tube, but it cant be that unless the seat-tube and head-tube heights are comparable.

IMO it would look more balanced, like the colnago freuler aesthetic. given the cost it should be a no-brainer option to spec. wonder if he's ever done that with his current designs for anyone on the forum?

Puget Pounder
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Unsure, but follow-up question - If someone gets an extended seat tube collar, does the seatpost still need to go past the seat-tube/down-tube junction?

wallymann
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
depends on how the ST is spec'd. if there's no seatpin reinforcement, the ST itself it needs to have enough beef in the walls to suspend the rider for the expected duty-cycle.

i recently read of a recent steel kellogg cyclo-crosser that was spec'd with an extended ST, which promptly bent/crumpled the first time the rider did a running re-mount.

it was fixed and re-inforced and apparently is working fine now.

does the seatpost still need to go past the seat-tube/down-tube junction?

Kirk007
10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
it is a dropped top tube; the seat tube is extended, just not as much as the head tube. So for instance on my 62 cm Marcelo seat tube extends 4.5 cm above the top tube; the HT extension is still more though, around 6, measuring to the bottom of the top race of the headset.

Liv2RideHard
10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Go across the hall to the VSalon Smoked Out forum and ask the Master himself. He will give you the answer to the question you pose and there will be no doubt.

wallymann
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/landshark_98/P2010076.jpg

jr59
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Go across the hall to the VSalon Smoked Out forum and ask the Master himself. He will give you the answer to the question you pose and there will be no doubt.

That idea would work, or just send him an email yourself.

He one of the nicest guys you will ever work with.

http://www.pegoretticicli.com/contact

Kirk007
10-01-2012, 07:29 PM
** duplicated

false_Aest
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
when this first loaded
i hoped there would be a link
to the groupon page.

Kirk007
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I know that photo of mine makes it look like the headtube is a lot longer than the seat tube, and it is noticeably longer in person from a visual standpoint. But when I got out the tape measure, like I said from the top of the top tube to top of seat collar (which is top of seat tube, was just over 4.5 cm. From top of seat tube to bottom of top headset race on the head tube was right about 6.5 cm. Visually it appears that the top tube actually slopes a bit down towards the headtube but I haven't tried to figure that out with a level. I suppose he could extend the seattube - wonder how it would look with an integrated post ....

I agree Wallyman, aesthetically it isn't my favorite, but the ride is sublime and I decided that if it was how Dario thinks the frame should be built I was in no position to argue if I wanted one of his bikes!