View Full Version : Sram Aerolink Brakeset

norcalbiker
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Anyone here using this new brakeset?

Any input?

TIA

gospastic
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes. I find them to be more powerful and have better modulation than previous generation Red brakes. Setup is kind of touchy, though.

norcalbiker
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Setup is kind of touchy, though.

What do you mean "TOUCHY"?

nightfend
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
What do you mean "TOUCHY"?

I have the new SRAM 2012 group on my Ridley. The brakes require a flat wrench to adjust. Not a big deal, but a different tool that some people are used to. On dual pivots, you could just tigten down the allen bolt, and then push the calipers left or right until they were centered. With the new brakes, you use the wrench to center the brakes, and then you can fine tune each side seperately if you want (kind of like a cantilever brake).

Everyone says the new brakes work better, but I actually don't notice a difference. I liked the way the old Red brakes worked. Never had any issues with them.

norcalbiker
10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I have the new SRAM 2012 group on my Ridley. The brakes require a flat wrench to adjust. Not a big deal, but a different tool that some people are used to. On dual pivots, you could just tigten down the allen bolt, and then push the calipers left or right until they were centered. With the new brakes, you use the wrench to center the brakes, and then you can fine tune each side seperately if you want (kind of like a cantilever brake).

Everyone says the new brakes work better, but I actually don't notice a difference. I liked the way the old Red brakes worked. Never had any issues with them.

Hmmm... I'll take your word for it.

Thanks!