PDA

View Full Version : KB Cross setup: Campy Questions

mdeeds71
10-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I am going to do the KB Cross with Campy Chorus 10. I am needing to find out what front-d to use with the Campy CX crank/others...will an old CT be needed or new Chorus work??? Debating between Campy CX brakes and Euro X

Rest of build will look like this: (frame pearl white/red panel)
Ritchey wet red stem/post/bars
CK headset
Campy Chorus 10 RD, Brifters (2010 model), cassettes
Handbuilt Hed Belgium Tubies on CK R45s (black)
Challenge Grifo Tires
Crank Bro Candy IIs

Insights welcome!

djg
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
The new chorus fd seems fine -- have it on my new cross bike with the campy carbon "cross" crank -- 36/46 on the chainrings.

Nothing I can tell you about campy cantis -- I've heard good things, but have never tried them and, off the top of my head, don't know anybody riding them. Folks seem to like the TRPs pretty well -- I'm liking my avid ultimates, which are new (in my experience) this year.

oldpotatoe
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I am going to do the KB Cross with Campy Chorus 10. I am needing to find out what front-d to use with the Campy CX crank/others...will an old CT be needed or new Chorus work??? Debating between Campy CX brakes and Euro X

Rest of build will look like this: (frame pearl white/red panel)
Ritchey wet red stem/post/bars
CK headset
Campy Chorus 10 RD, Brifters (2010 model), cassettes
Handbuilt Hed Belgium Tubies on CK R45s (black)
Challenge Grifo Tires
Crank Bro Candy IIs

Insights welcome!

Use a double Campagnolo FD...like a Chorus or Athena, it will be fine. the 11s things mean nada with those shifters.

BTW-if the shifters are Chorus and 2010, they are 11s..if they are Centaur, they are 10s...if they are Chorus 10s, they are 2008 or older.

mdeeds71
10-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Use a double Campagnolo FD...like a Chorus or Athena, it will be fine. the 11s things mean nada with those shifters.

BTW-if the shifters are Chorus and 2010, they are 11s..if they are Centaur, they are 10s...if they are Chorus 10s, they are 2008 or older.

Thanks for the correction...this Chorus is my 2007 set my 2010 is on my CDA.

christian
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
I use a Centaur 10 shifter and a Tiagra front derailleur to shift my 48-39 setup on my Zanc cx. It shifts as crisply as a full-Campy system. Campy front shifting is wonderfully adaptible.

christian
10-01-2012, 02:23 PM
PS: Why are you copying my paint scheme? That's not cool.

http://www.christianedstrom.com/zanconato/zanconato_cx.JPG

dougdye
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I just switched from Crank Bros to Time ATAC XS. They sure are easier to click into and seem to have the same mud clearance, IMO.