PDA

View Full Version : WTB Square Taper Record 172.5 Emergency FOUND

StephenCL
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Folks,

Emergency! My brother was riding on Saturday when the drive side pedal insert pulled out of his Record Carbon drive side crank. This is a well documented issue for Campy now that these Carbon cranks are getting to be a bit older, but I had never seen it in person...lets put it this way...its NOT fun.

Having said that, believe it or not, I do NOT have another set of 172.5 square taper...(actually pretty hard to believe, for those that know me).

We are riding a century together this weekend, and I am looking for something for his bike.

Looking for Carbon, or Alloy 172.5 Record cranks. Need to be in lasting condition, my brother is in Med School, but I am adamant that he keep the bike full record (yes it was mine)...

PM what you have and are willing to sell to me for. $$$ I will pay for priority USPS shipping to zip 20129.

Thanks,

Stephen

slowerthanyou
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Not square taper, but Record.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=116047

FlashUNC
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
This may just compound your problem, but I do have a pristine 172.5 Centaur square taper crank I can send along. Though I know this does require the wider bottom bracket...

StephenCL
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Out of our price range, and I would need to change BB...

Thanks though...

Anyone?

weiwentg
10-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Folks,

Emergency! My brother was riding on Saturday when the drive side pedal insert pulled out of his Record Carbon drive side crank. This is a well documented issue for Campy now that these Carbon cranks are getting to be a bit older, but I had never seen it in person...lets put it this way...its NOT fun.

Having said that, believe it or not, I do NOT have another set of 172.5 square taper...(actually pretty hard to believe, for those that know me).

We are riding a century together this weekend, and I am looking for something for his bike.

Looking for Carbon, or Alloy 172.5 Record cranks. Need to be in lasting condition, my brother is in Med School, but I am adamant that he keep the bike full record (yes it was mine)...

PM what you have and are willing to sell to me for. $$$ I will pay for priority USPS shipping to zip 20129.

Thanks,

Stephen

OK, Cycles Bikyle appears to have Record ST in 172.5, alloy.

http://www.bikyle.com/Campy10Spd.asp

Or this guy on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-Record-Square-Taper-Crankset-172-5mm-10-Speed-53-39-/130760701837?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e71f1f78d

friessco
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
I have Record alloy in 175 in excellent condition.

DRZRM
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I have an alloy Chorus crank 172.5 arm and BB (if needed, but I'm happy to sell it later on its own). I got it to use fixed, but never mounted it (went in a different direction on the build) so it does not have chain rings, but sounds like you can mount your own. Con get it into FedEx next day tomorrow if you want. Shoot me a PM if you want more info or pics, came from Liberace and like all of his stuff got to me in great shape.

Sadly, not Record, but it will likely get you through the weekend.

StephenCL
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Folks, I have enough options at this point...thanks.

Stephen

Tommy Mac
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I have a minty alloy 10sp Record ST in 172.5 with chainrings - $145 shipped.