PDA

View Full Version : All of the NOS Colnago's have arrived!

Frank
10-08-2005, 02:25 PM
The mailman dropped off the other 4 frames this afternoon. I will post some pics later of the newest ones, but the total is 2 Masters, 3 Conic Spiral SLX, and 1 Super with the rare Hermann designation. All are a bit different from each other as far as detailing (except the Masters) but all are very pretty! Now, off to ride the Tommasini for a while before this 70 degree weather gets any cooler :p

rePhil
10-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Where / how did you find them?

Frank
10-08-2005, 08:33 PM
55cm Colnago SLX Super Conic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7188370624

56cm Colnago Master
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7188375348

The Colnago Super shown here is a Colnago Super made in limited edition for Roman Hermann, former general distributor for Colnago in Switzerland and 1980's racer of some reknown. The seller of these frames to me said there are maybe 5 frames ever built in this color scheme with this Hermann Label on the seatstay and fork crown. I have seen two other Hermann-labeled Colnagos over the years, but they were solid colors.

sc53
10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow! Gorgeous pink bike! Are you going to build up and ride all your new frames or are you in the bike business? I have 3 road bikes currently and think it's way over the top. You've definitely got me beat!! Please post pix of your other finds. I still can't over the bubble gum pink fade of the one above--just beautiful! :p

Frank
10-08-2005, 11:57 PM
but the other ones, including the rare Hermann model, will get sold eventually. Thanks for the compliment on the frames. Sometimes I wish had enough willpower to pass on them but I didn't. Something about these older lugged Italian steel frames just makes me buy them! :)

Frank
10-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Here are pics of the Master and Conic that arrived today

Fixed
10-10-2005, 09:32 AM
bro great lookin bikes. dude how do you feel they ride compaired to modern steel bikes? my old guerc. slx rides as good as any bike that I've been on i.m.h.o. cheers :beer: