PDA

View Full Version : When The Rain Comes

Fixed
10-08-2005, 10:01 AM
bro it rained really hard today took my old guerc. out used clinchers today I almost always do the sat. group ride on tubulars had great time My slx bike is heavy but it doesn't ride like it is . So here it is bro what things do you dudes do different when you are goin for a fast group ride in the rain that you don't do when it's dry? cheers :beer:

shiftinjon
10-08-2005, 10:20 AM
So here it is bro what things do you dudes do different when you are goin for a fast group ride in the rain that you don't do when it's dry? cheers :beer:

Ride on the front. ;)

terry
10-08-2005, 10:56 AM
like today-road my rain/snow bike-fenders & rain jacket kept me pretty dry-enuf for a very enjoyable 30 miles-helps when it's 70 degrees outside.

cs124
10-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Ride on the front. ;)

My man!

Actually, any time in a group ride when I don't feel 100% comfortable, be it weather, traffic, "heroes" or newbies, I get on the front.

And to answer Fixed...I make sure I've got my Open Pro's with the machined sidewalls on... at least the brakes work on them in the wet, and I make sure I'm riding all black tires...I just don't trust the grip of those fancy coloured ones in the wet.

Cheers.

Sandy
10-09-2005, 06:32 AM
bro it rained really hard today took my old guerc. out used clinchers today I almost always do the sat. group ride on tubulars had great time My slx bike is heavy but it doesn't ride like it is . So here it is bro what things do you dudes do different when you are goin for a fast group ride in the rain that you don't do when it's dry? cheers :beer:

I stay inside and play with my rubber ducky! :)

Donald Duck

george
10-23-2005, 12:14 AM
When the rain comes put the pedal to the metal (in a despretate last attempt to eat away at Lance's time)... but watch out for tight corners, Jan.

shinomaster
10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
My bikes are all too nice to ride in the rain...even my cross bike.

William
10-23-2005, 08:38 PM
http://onfinite.com/libraries/394585/151.jpg

William :rolleyes: :p ;)

vaxn8r
10-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Find another bike with a fender and extender and hang onto that wheel as long as possible. :)