PDA

View Full Version : .

cat6
09-27-2012, 01:59 AM
The Gateway District is a large open air retail, residential and office complex in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. The complex is centered around the historic Union Pacific Depot in downtown Salt Lake City. It currently contains over 105 stores and restaurants.

thegunner
09-27-2012, 02:16 AM
not 100% sure what they are, but the sram apex brakes support 28mm tires and look pretty normal

(and yes, mixed bag -- look like alloy sram shifters, campy alloy UT crank, and da hubs)

cat6
09-27-2012, 02:26 AM
A right arm offspinner, Rahman was a member of Bangladesh's 1997 ICC Trophy winning side. He became his country's inaugural Test captain when he led Bangladesh on their Test debut, against India in 2000. Rahman took 6 for 132 in India's first innings, including the wickets of Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly.

jr59
09-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Trouble is going to be. if you use the long reach brakes, like the Pauls.

It is not going to look "right" with smaller tires.

Tektro 556 will work, so will Shimano's R451, but they are going to have the look of the pauls.

christian
09-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Those brakes are Shimano BR-600, the earlier, better-finished version of the Shimano 47-57 "standard" reach caliper. The current model, BR-650 is functionally, though not aesthetically equivalent.

Other options for 47-57 dual pivots include a few Tektro options and Velo Orange Grand Cru brakes.

As for the concern about how it looks with skinnier tires, I'd say it's overblown. I ran 23s on my Rambouillet a lot. No one ever noticed.

AngryScientist
09-27-2012, 06:33 AM
it looks like Hampco is a big fan of silver sram shifters (must be rival i assume...) and athena UT cranksets. no doubt that sram gives you easier and cheaper access to lower gearing with longer cage RDs and big mtb gearing readily accessible with no hunting.

the strada bianca is exactly the type of bike i would love to own at this point, really versatile with no perceivable downsides.

with regard to brakes, for a while i thought if i needed long reachers, i would go for the grand cru; but over the last few years i've had some velo orange stuff that was just relatively poor quality. kind of turned me off to the brand. plus, if i'm paying $170 for a set of swanky silver brakes, making the QR lever out of cheap black plastic is really an insult. takes away from the overall look, and cheapens the brake to me. that would be fine for $100 dollar brakes, not for closer to $200 though.

http://store.velo-orange.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/530x530/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/r/grandcru-br-0007-cncbrakes.jpg

I own a set of the tektro long reach brakes, not sure which model, and while the brakes themselves work excellently, the hardware on them is cheaply chrome plated; they were on a bike that saw some weather, and the hardware shows pretty heavy rust. not really that big of a deal, but worth noting.

i'd probably just go with the current ultegra long reachers if i had to make a choice today. bikes like these are becoming more popular though, i wouldnt be surprised if we see something new released in the short term future.

christian
09-27-2012, 07:04 AM
If you can live with single-pivots, NOTHING compares to last-gen Suntour Superbe Pro in 47-57mm. Gorgeous.

Angry, I would generally agree with you abou VO, but Happy says he likes those Grand Cru brakes, and I do trust Happy implicitly.