PDA

View Full Version : 29.4mm seatposts for Pegoretti

sjbraun
10-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Just ordered the last '05 Marcelo in the states. Yippee!!
I know 29.4mm seatposts are available from FSA, Thomsen and Selcof, but that's not really much for choice.
Do any of you know of any other options? I'm interested in a post with minimal or no set back.
Has anyone used a shim shim to fit a 27.2 post in a 29.4 Pegoretti seatpost?

Thanks

Steve in Tucson

coylifut
10-06-2005, 11:02 PM
why use a shim when Thomson makes the best no set back post in the business. light, strong and not overly expensive.

enjoy

The Spider
10-07-2005, 02:00 AM
World Record / WR components....carbon seatpost (italian).

http://www.wrcompositi.it/ing/index.asp

enjoy your new bike, please give feedback report, O.K?

Spider

Climb01742
10-07-2005, 04:20 AM
WR is what most marcelos come with. i believe U.S.E. makes shims for every imaginable seatpost size. competitivecyclist.com has 'em listed under "seatposts".

Too Tall
10-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Deda Supercarbon
Deda Blackstick (yeah that's the right stuff)

LegendRider
10-07-2005, 07:02 AM
WR is what most marcelos come with. i believe U.S.E. makes shims for every imaginable seatpost size. competitivecyclist.com has 'em listed under "seatposts".

Tis true. I bought a USE shim from CompetitiveCyclist.com for my Fina so I can use a 27.2mm DA post in a seattube that requires a 31.0mm. Works fine.

Redturbo
10-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Problem Solvers make a shim as well. It works fine.

turbo :beer:

coylifut
10-07-2005, 08:20 AM
a $2k frame with a shim? of all the cycling hang-ups, using a shim is a line I will not cross. with intensive therapy, I've gotten over all the others.

dbrk
10-07-2005, 08:23 AM
It wouldn't be possible to use the tubing diameters (at the collar) that Dario is employing without the larger seat post diameters. (That is, the solution inside the seat tube would be far, far more complicated, if at all possible.) A "shim" sounds inelegant and klug-ish but it is not, in fact. When the shim goes in it sits innocuously at the collar and the lip is really not a big deal. If it were ugly I'd reckon I'd be the first to proclaim, being a stickler for such things at least in my own mind, but if it didn't work perfectly that would be far, far worse. Works perfectly, looks fine, no big deal. Use whatever seatpost you want just use the right shim.

dbrk

coylifut
10-07-2005, 08:45 AM
an elegent shim. I guess I can live with that. Now who has pictures of the cyclocross version of the Love 3?

chrisroph
10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Repeat after me--thomson, deda, thompson, deda........shims may work but they are mickey mouse. Got to go with coy on this one.

LegendRider
10-07-2005, 10:04 AM
The USE shim looks like black tape indicating saddle height when used with a polished alloy seatpost. With a black seatpost, it would be undetectable from a distance.

sjbraun
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Spent the morning at the bike shop, working out some of the details for the new Marcelo. It seems that Gita has a supply of Pegoretti branded WR Composites seatposts in the 29.4. size. That's great , I say, but I'm not paying $200 for a seatpost. Not to worry says the owner, if that's the case, it will be mine at his cost.
Looks better and better all the time. With just a bit of cooperation from FedEx, I'll be on the Marcelo next weekend.

Idris Icabod
10-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Steve,
Did you get the bike from Arizona Cyclist? Congratulations and I say get the Thomsom and match it with their X2 stem.