PDA

View Full Version : CONDOR Cycles

Jeff N.
09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Anyone know anything about CONDOR bike frames? Apparently they're made in England and came recommended by someone, especially their Pista version. I've never seen one in the flesh and am curious. Thanks, Jeff N.

Grant McLean
09-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Great brand, nice shop in London.

Maybe you want to pick up a copy of their story:

http://www.condorcycles.com/feature-stories/past-present-future-a-book-by-condor.html

-g

Doug Fattic
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Condor cycles is a bike shop located north of the Thames in the somewhat central London area. It has been an establishment on Gray's Inn road for a long time although it has moved its location once or twice. They don't make the frames on the premises but had them made under the Condor name by a variety of builders or manufacturers. In the past they had some fine builders like W.B. Hurlow make some of their frames. One of their fancy luged frames with a white and two toned orange paint job was on the cover of "Richard's Bicycle Book" by Richard Ballantine printed in the 70's.

verticaldoug
09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Condor Cycles is one of my favorite shops in London. If I am there on a weekend, I definitely head over on a Saturday, otherwise I try to sneak over on a Wednesday when they are open late. The bikes are downstairs, the main floor is like a candy store. Big selection of assos, rapha, and lots of other brands not necessarily popular in the states. The end of season sales are a treat.

They are trying to straddle the two worlds of hipster and roadie which is hard. Right now, I still think they are more roadie.

As for the bikes, these do not strike me as anything special. I, unfortunately, live near Signature Cycles in Greenwich and see all the american made bikes coming through that shop. The IF, Seven, Parlee, Serotta, Sachs, Moots and others strike me as much nicer. Because Condor is not available here, it has the new new appeal much in the same way a Canyon frame does. But getting a Canyon doesn't strike me as any different than getting a cervelo.

rustychisel
09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Condor Cycles is one of my favorite shops in London. If I am there on a weekend, I definitely head over on a Saturday, otherwise I try to sneak over on a Wednesday when they are open late. The bikes are downstairs, the main floor is like a candy store. Big selection of assos, rapha, and lots of other brands not necessarily popular in the states. The end of season sales are a treat.

They are trying to straddle the two worlds of hipster and roadie which is hard. Right now, I still think they are more roadie.

As for the bikes, these do not strike me as anything special. I, unfortunately, live near Signature Cycles in Greenwich and see all the american made bikes coming through that shop. The IF, Seven, Parlee, Serotta, Sachs, Moots and others strike me as much nicer. Because Condor is not available here, it has the new new appeal much in the same way a Canyon frame does. But getting a Canyon doesn't strike me as any different than getting a cervelo.

I would endorse this assessment.

When in London I try to visit Condor but that's about it.