PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Shoe Question....

Dwn2Sk8
09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone! I am trying to decide on which Mavic shoes to get. Unfortunately I am unable to try them on before buying them, as none of the shops around here carry them.
I am trying to decide between the Zxellium and Zxellium Ultimate. I know that the top of the Ultimate is stiffer, but how much more so? Does this stiffness make them any less comfortable than the regular Zxellium?
Someone who has worn them both would be most helpful.
Thank you very much!

ckamp
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Bump,

I also want some feedback on Mavic shoes.

dave thompson
09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Mavic has changed their line-up a bit for 2013, introducing, which I'm excited about, wider versions of their shoes.

beeatnik
09-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Hi everyone! I am trying to decide on which Mavic shoes to get. Unfortunately I am unable to try them on before buying them, as none of the shops around here carry them.
I am trying to decide between the Zxellium and Zxellium Ultimate. I know that the top of the Ultimate is stiffer, but how much more so? Does this stiffness make them any less comfortable than the regular Zxellium?
Someone who has worn them both would be most helpful.
Thank you very much!

I own both. The standard Zxelliums in white and the Ultimates in yellow. Zxelliums are marginally more comfortable and easier to walk in. The Ultimate's sole feels like molded concrete. Before I owned the Ultimates I could never perceive flex in a carbon soled shoe. For me, psychologically possibly, the Ultimates are good for at least 1-2mph on hard sprints. I also prefer them for climbing. I guess I like to believe they allow for more efficient power transfer.