PDA

View Full Version : Lock out for ST

Redturbo
10-06-2005, 05:48 PM
While at Interbike I was talking to one of the Serotta guys and they have a replacement solid plug/spacer for the ST bearing so there is no pivot. He said some of the SN guys used it. I'd like to give it a try it on my legend st, just to see if I notice a difference.

turbo

SPOKE
10-06-2005, 06:21 PM
interesting..... i wonder if it will fit the Hor's. might be just what mine needs to tune it to my liking.
maybe one of the Serotta folks will comment.

Brian Smith
10-06-2005, 08:38 PM
interesting..... i wonder if it will fit the Hor's. might be just what mine needs to tune it to my liking.
maybe one of the Serotta folks will comment.

No go. The DKS system used a much larger bearing size than the ST stay...

Sandy
10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Why did some of the SN riders use the plug/spacer? They must not have liked something about the ST rear, I would guess. There must be some demand for the plug/spacer. Why, may I ask.

ST SeroTta Sandy

Bradford
10-06-2005, 08:47 PM
My first thought when I saw this thread was "what a stupid idea." Then I got to thinking. When I was out yesterday, I was wishing I could ride an identical Legend without the ST just to see the difference the ST made.

I don't think I would go through the trouble of locking it out just to see the difference, but I would like to know what it is.

Brian Smith
10-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Why did some of the SN riders use the plug/spacer? They must not have liked something about the ST rear, I would guess. There must be some demand for the plug/spacer. Why, may I ask.

ST SeroTta Sandy

One person's smooth ride can be another person's flexy.
When it makes or breaks your career, you don't want to take risks with your race equipment if you can help it at all. If the sponsor offers you a chance to reversibly take away a feature you're not totally comfortable using, then why not try it?

SPOKE
10-06-2005, 10:39 PM
No go. The DKS system used a much larger bearing size than the ST stay...

hummm.....then by golly i'll just have to make one of my own since i have plenty of machine shop contacts. locking out this pivot and getting the firm straps just might do the trick!

Cadence230
10-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I was looking into doing this myself when servicing my bearings out a couple months ago. My guy told me you probably don't want to do it much because of the wear it puts on the interface. In other words, changing it habitually will "wallow" out the drop out hole thingy. After changing my old ones for new ones I can tell you the ride was better and that being, a bit more compliant over rough stuff.

Jeff N.
10-07-2005, 08:39 PM
maybe one of the Serotta folks will comment.I seriously doubt if you'll notice a difference. Jeff n.