PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Shore Ride Update

Len J
02-24-2004, 05:58 PM
I've been traveling like crazy lately, so I haven't been as organized as I would like, so let's set a date for the Eastern Shore Winter ride, so How about March 6 2004?

Hey everybody.........How about an Eastern Shore Winter Ride?

Date: Saturday, March 6

Time; 10:30 AM (Give it time to warm up a little)

Place: Easton, Maryland I thought we could meet at the Y in Easton. I'll send directions to anyone who wants them.

Distance: 45 to 65 Miles, weather and rider permitting. It may be possible, if the weather is OK to also set up a shorter ride. (2 rides, Long ride & short ride)

Pace: Let's make it a Winter LSD ride. I figure 15.5 to 17 MPH pace. But I'm flexible. No One gets dropped.

Types of roads: Mostly very flat. Tree lined, farm lined, beautiful. We'll see some water, some wildlife, and some sections of the Eastern Shore of Maryland that most tourists don't see.

Wind: The Eastern Shore can get windy. We will set up the ride, so most riding into the wind will be early in the ride. Wind tends to pick up as the day goes on. I'll also set up the ride to have as much wind protection by trees as possible.

Post Ride meal: We will either set up a lunch at Casa Janssen (If my wife agrees) or we'll set up a lunch at a local restruant.

Company: If it's anything like the Spectrum Bob Soup Ride, the company will be more than worth the trip.

Y'all come domn now, Ya hear?

Let me know who's in.

Len

pbbob
02-24-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm all in.

Sandy
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
pbbob,

Sounds like a poker game!

Len, date seems fine to me.

Sandy

Spectrum Bob
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Len,

Sounds great, count at least me in!!!!

Spectrum Bob

97CSI
03-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Len - you may wish to post on your previous thread. I am sure there are several who have missed your new thread that will be alerted when you post on the previous. Any chance you will set a rain date of the 14th or 15th?

Len J
03-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Rain Date of 14th sounds perfect to me.

Len

Len J
03-03-2004, 12:07 PM
For anyone that is coming to the ride on Saturday.

If you want to call me to see what the weather is on Saturday Morning before you drive down, call me on my Cell 410-924-2980.

I'll be up around 7:00AM.

Len