PDA

View Full Version : New Serottas

mavic1010
10-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Don't know if this is a repeat...but check these out..

Seems like the CDA is getting a different rear carbon seatstay...

mavic1010
10-06-2005, 03:00 PM

dave thompson
10-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Hmmm, a Serotta in 'Martha Stewart' green.

Blastinbob
10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
What is that bike on the top? I can make out part of it..orsa :confused:

mavic1010
10-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Le Corsa

eddief
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
the way those carbon seat stays look like they are stuck into that wish bone just drives me crazy. Either paint them so they don't look like an after thought or please find a better method of joining the carbon bits to the steel bits.

Maybe Chris King could make the perfect little sleeve that gets mounted right at the carbon/steel intersection in order to smooth out the transition -- "The Chris King Wishbone Ring."

BumbleBeeDave
10-06-2005, 09:14 PM
. . . the fugliest color I have EVER seen on a Serotta.

Also, are these pics from Interbike? I thought the ditched the Coeur d’Acer name and were just calling it the “CDA” because nobody could pronounce it right. But there’s the name right on the top tube of this one . . . :confused: :confused: :confused:

BBDave

stackie
10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Ummm, I'm thinking that that is about the most awesome green I've ever seen on a Serotta. It's almost the color of my Vanilla.

Jon

Argos
10-06-2005, 10:52 PM
They went back to using the full name. Plenty of people can't pronounce "Ottrott" or even "Serotta". It would be like changing it to "o" or "S". Plenty of people mis-pronounce my name. I correct them, I do not let it slide.

If Ben's vision is "Coeur d'Acier" then so be it. I'm in.

BumbleBeeDave
10-07-2005, 08:54 AM
I wasn’t mad, just bewildered.

And Stackie . . . to each his own! If you like it, then by all means go for it! :beer:

BBDave

Serotta_James
10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
the way those carbon seat stays look like they are stuck into that wish bone just drives me crazy. Either paint them so they don't look like an after thought or please find a better method of joining the carbon bits to the steel bits."

Duly noted. The production bikes will not have the straight seat stay lug as shown in the above pictures, there will be some sort of relieved section on the lug because we agree with you.

67-59
10-07-2005, 10:05 AM
I like the green color. But the thing that looks strange is that the border between the green and white doesn't line up. Follow it from the TT to the ST to the chain stays -- it makes kind of an odd, curving line. So while I like the color, the paint design scheme looks wierd to me.

jpw
10-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I like the green color. But the thing that looks strange is that the border between the green and white doesn't line up. Follow it from the TT to the ST to the chain stays -- it makes kind of an odd, curving line. So while I like the color, the paint design scheme looks wierd to me.

I share your view. I've noticed this on many other frames.

jpw
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Are there any more known details about this Corsa frame?

Where does it fit in the range? Butted or not? :)

cinelli
10-07-2005, 10:47 AM

Le Corsa must be lower end. Compare the skinny chainstays on Le Corsa as compared to the bike on the bottom.

davids
10-07-2005, 11:10 AM

Just some tantalizing tidbits from Alexis. It's "below" the Concours, but "above" the Fierte Ti. My guess is that the carbon seatstay is standard, and they'll do custom geos and paint, but with fewer choices on tubing picks.

Let's not forget the new Fierte Ti, either, which looks like a stock-spec Nove. I rode an all-Ti 2004 Fierte a couple weeks ago, and loved it!

I'm craving details, which should be available soon. I hope...

( I just check out Serotta's webpage, and the Meivici is now featured on the main page. Just don't try clicking on the link.... :crap: I'm sure all will be revealed shortly!)

Velociotis
10-07-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm totally into the color, may I suggest the name be:

soylent green (is people!!!!!)